Possible cancellation logistics

Get her to call from your phone... Take your cell phone to her if you have to so that after she handles cancelling "on speaker" she can give you the phone to get your DH all squared away. You friend sounds irresponsible and she can do this in such a way as to screw up your reservation and cost you even more money.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Not a bad plan!

I called a PVP at Carnival and explained the situation. From what she said (which I find hard to believe), the girl will just have to call to cancel and then my DH can be changed to my room without a cost. She said the girl would just have to be the one to call back to cancel. I asked if we should call her directly and she said we could just call the 800 number because they'd need to get a supervisor anyway. But when we call back I'd like to go through her to remind her what she told me!

And for everyone talking about a third person rate, the guy won't be going either, it will be just me and DH. And our B2B shouldn't be affected at all as it is a totally different booking.

It just makes me mad that they even put down a deposit in the first place knowing they didn't want to spend the money to go. Now they are going to lose $150. And if the PVP is wrong and worst case scenario is that I have to pay $50 for a "name change" to get DH in my room and on my booking then so be it! I'm so over it! :mad:

I gather that the other couple was only going on one leg of your B2B?

I hope you can get things worked out. And you were trying to do them a favor!

Get her to call from your phone... Take your cell phone to her if you have to so that after she handles cancelling "on speaker" she can give you the phone to get your DH all squared away. You friend sounds irresponsible and she can do this in such a way as to screw up your reservation and cost you even more money.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

This is MOST DEFINITELY the plan! She doesn't like speaking to people, so I was planning on giving her a SCRIPT and having DH and I there just in case! Lol! Great minds! ;)

If you transfer the booking to a PVP at this point he/she isn't going to get credit for the booking are they?

I didn't think they would anyway which would mean the PVP would be using their valuable time trying to fix this mess and get paid nothing while he could be using the time to do cold calls.

Bill

You're right about that. Our long time PVP got a promotion while we were on a cruise a few years ago. This was right when FCCs were no longer available & you had to book onboard to receive the OBC. When I got home, I called her & found out she was no longer my PVP. She did call me shortly after we returned home to see how our cruise was.

I then got another PVP through a friend who liked her PVP. She was able to become my PVP, but since I'd never booked through her, she wouldn't receive credit.

I gather that the other couple was only going on one leg of your B2B?

I hope you can get things worked out. And you were trying to do them a favor!

Yes, we booked the second leg as a way of extending our vacation and only having to pay for one flight!

Yes, I know...grumble, grumble. DH is so nonchalant about this whole thing and I'm climbing the walls! :rolleyes:

I don't think it was intended to move someone into their cabin. It's a mess because it is early saver, no name changes and deposits are not refunded, but carried over for future use.

It is a mess because people get involved and make everything so complicated.

The ES policy is absolutely clear.

Aug 15 I booked two ES cabins on a June 16 Breeze cruise. Some unknowns came up and instead of risking losing the entire $1000 deposit, I cancelled the booking in March, taking a $200 penalty and $800 in future cruise credit. The event passed and clarity was restored to our life..so I booked another cruise on the Breeze (reduced deposit "sale"...go figure), again two cabins. The entire $800 credit was applied to the cabin I was booked in within 3-4 days after submitting the correct form. It was all easy and per their policy. Nothing to get upset about.

lovestocruise19, I am so glad you got your situation cleared up and it sounds like it was all worked out.

I just wanted to clarify something. The nice folks that answer the 1-800 number are not PVP's they are CSR or Customer Service Reps. A PVP is someone that you build a relationship with over several bookings.

Yours is yet another reason when someone asks me why I use a PVP rather than just book on line or with the 1-800 # I answer, Just in Case.

They are going to lose the promo and have to completely rebook :(

That's what I think. One cabin with one cancelling. Next cabin has one cancelling. Wouldn't hubby have to cancel too to empty the cabin? Then she'd have to book hubby into her cabin, if that is even possible with ES?

lovestocruise19, I am so glad you got your situation cleared up and it sounds like it was all worked out.

I just wanted to clarify something. The nice folks that answer the 1-800 number are not PVP's they are CSR or Customer Service Reps. A PVP is someone that you build a relationship with over several bookings.

Yours is yet another reason when someone asks me why I use a PVP rather than just book on line or with the 1-800 # I answer, Just in Case.

She has not posted that anything has been fixed yet....

Edited by JVilleGal

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: All is well in my world of cruising! The couple lost $100 of their $150 deposit and $50 will be in their Carnival "bank" for 24 months (due to the rules of cancelling under early saver). DH was put into my room for NO COST! :D B2B on the Sunshine here we come!