Best Club/Venue for Music/Dance on Oasis?

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that the Viking Lounge is no longer on the Oasis. Loved that area to listen to music, have a drink without getting windblown. I also liked it because they would have "my kind of music" which is music from the 60s 70s and even 80s that was danceable.

I'm sure there is alot of diversity on these boards of thye best music. But I basically want to know the best place now to have a drink and listen to music (maybe dance) where you understand the words? I realize that sounds so "old fogey" but I really do not like most of today's modern music which is all computerized and enhanced. Madonna is more appealing to me than Lady gaga, Drake, or Rhianna.

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that the Viking Lounge is no longer on the Oasis. Loved that area to listen to music, have a drink without getting windblown. I also liked it because they would have "my kind of music" which is music from the 60s 70s and even 80s that was danceable.

I'm sure there is alot of diversity on these boards of thye best music. But I basically want to know the best place now to have a drink and listen to music (maybe dance) where you understand the words? I realize that sounds so "old fogey" but I really do not like most of today's modern music which is all computerized and enhanced. Madonna is more appealing to me than Lady gaga, Drake, or Rhianna.

Hi Panda 3 - yes, DH & I love to dance & miss the Viking Crown Lounge on the Oasis ships. You still have quite a few options compared to smaller ships & other cruise lines. If the band in Dazzles is good - which is almost always is - they play lots of dance music. Boleros for Latin & Jazz on 4 often has the Oasis Orchestra playing and they are great. These dance options are a big part of why we return to the Oasis class of ships.

We also sail on Celebrity's "S" class and while we enjoy the ships, the live bands lately have been pretty awful. Also the DJ's are playing music that no one can dance to & they don't. Has us re-thinking as dancing is a big part of our total cruise experience.

Enjoy!