Roatan

briananddenise

We will be sailing to Roatan on June 29th, we've been to Roatan before however it was with Carnival. Does anyone know if you can walk to the beach from where RCCL docks? We were able to from the Carnival dock but from what i've seen RCCL used a different dock. Thanks:)

We will be sailing to Roatan on June 29th, we've been to Roatan before however it was with Carnival. Does anyone know if you can walk to the beach from where RCCL docks? We were able to from the Carnival dock but from what i've seen RCCL used a different dock. Thanks:)

Royal docks at Coxen Hole and no nice beach within walking distance. There is a new restaurant called Bread Fruit or something like that (at the other end of the zip line) that is within walking distance and they have a pier where you can swim, snorkel, etc for a small fee. Also a couple of local beaches between the port and restaurant, but they aren't real great, at least not a place I would want to swim - no chairs or umbrellas, etc. Carnival docks at their private port Mohagany Bay and it is beautiful, we have actually taken a taxi from the RCCL pier over to Carnival pier and spent the day on the beach.

Carla

Edited by golfpccc

Think about taking a cab (or as part of a larger tour) to West Bay Beach, one of the best beaches I have been blessed to spend time at in the Caribbean

DSC07046_zps0fef6b11.jpg

I was here for a couple of hours during one of Victor Bodden's tours... google him. Great people here at CC praised his tours.

We were on Navigator in 2015 and docked at Coxen Hole. I didn't do enough research, because I wanted to be at the other dock which has a beach. I would have chosen another cruise line to be at the other dock which I believe is called Mahogany Bay.

We were on Navigator in 2015 and docked at Coxen Hole. I didn't do enough research, because I wanted to be at the other dock which has a beach. I would have chosen another cruise line to be at the other dock which I believe is called Mahogany Bay.

Really not hard at all to get a cab to a nice beach, though.

How much is a taxis from Coxen Hole to Mahogany Bay?

You have to be on a ship that docks at Mahogany Bay to have access. Your best bet is to go to West Bay or West End Beach, or Little French Key which is closer. We were not impressed with the beach snorkeling at Mahogany Bay. Tabyanna Beach was pretty good, but crowded.

Thank-you, I was curious about the taxis price. We are actually booked with Bodden for a private tour.

Just want to go to a nice beach with loungers, shade, local food. What would be a good beach choice?

Thank-you, I was curious about the taxis price. We are actually booked with Bodden for a private tour.

Just want to go to a nice beach with loungers, shade, local food. What would be a good beach choice?

Private tour with Bodden is the way to go. They will take you to whatever beach resort you want at West Bay Beach. From premier Infinity Bay or Gran Roatan (usually around $25 pp) or the more rustic Fosters or Bananarama for $5. Bananarama has a cool bar and restaurant called the Thirty Turtle. Infinity Bay is more upscale and very nice. Can't go wrong with any of those.