Getaway Handicapped Acessability??

How wheelchair accessible is the ship?

I know the balconies are not that deep, is it the same in the HC rooms?

Hate to book a balcony and not be able to use it

What decks are not accessed by a elevator? deck plans are hard to decipher

How accessible is the Haven?

I posted a similar question on the disabled forum, but not any answers

Thanks

Haven't sailed the Getaway, but have sailed the Breakaway many times and it's the same ship layout. Accessibility is great across the entire ship. I've used a mobility scooter and have never had a single issue. Handicapped cabins have larger balconies and ramps and will easily accommodate a wheelchair. Doors to the room are automatic, but doors to the balconies are not. There are designated handicapped sections for shows.

There are VERY limited handicapped-accessible Haven cabins - so book early if you want Haven! In order to get to the Haven sun deck (17), you will need the concierge to arrange for someone to take you via the crew elevator. (There is no public elevator to the sun deck.)

BTW, for non-Haven, Vibe Beach Club is also located on 17 - but I am not sure if you are NOT in the Haven if you would be able to use the crew elevator to get to Vibe.

Haven't sailed the Getaway, but have sailed the Breakaway many times and it's the same ship layout. Accessibility is great across the entire ship. I've used a mobility scooter and have never had a single issue. Handicapped cabins have larger balconies and ramps and will easily accommodate a wheelchair. Doors to the room are automatic, but doors to the balconies are not. There are designated handicapped sections for shows.

There are VERY limited handicapped-accessible Haven cabins - so book early if you want Haven! In order to get to the Haven sun deck (17), you will need the concierge to arrange for someone to take you via the crew elevator. (There is no public elevator to the sun deck.)

BTW, for non-Haven, Vibe Beach Club is also located on 17 - but I am not sure if you are NOT in the Haven if you would be able to use the crew elevator to get to Vibe.

Thanks for the reply

Information is good, hate surprises

My sister sailed the Breakaway...she found the cabin, the public areas, and the public restrooms all very handicapped accessible. What she did not find accessible were the hallways to get to her cabin. They are very narrow and a wheelchair can not fit by when the room stewards had their carts out...which you know is often! I think you should be okay if your cabin is near an elevator...and when I just checked...I did see some nearby...but not too many directly across. I think the builders were trying to accommodate by putting HC cabins in the front, in the back, and in different categories...but they did not account for the combined chair/cart space. Even though I was present to help her...I sometimes had a hard time moving the big carts so she could get by. She loves NCL and she had a great time, but she said she would not sail that ship again. I did forewarn her having sailed the BA myself, but I guess she had to see it to believe it!

coka