Island/Coral Class vs. Celeb Millenium Class

woodofpine

Responses by ship experienced preferred.

They're both about 90kGT. I'm a REAL fan of Princess ('My First' - Kiss icon_rolleyes.gif; Sun Class - Oceana icon_smile.gif) but well woo-ed by Celeb (2 Summit cruises icon_wink.gif).

I've done Golden - a lesser ship IMHO - in deck planning [then Summit/Sun], but how is it compared to Island?

Rewriting what I wrote after rereading your message.

You will find the Coral Princess has a better layout the Golden Princess and it is more updated then the Golden as far as decor. I actually found the Coral pretty similiar to the Radiance design and decor.

Here are some pictures of the Coral Princess:

Coral pics

WoodofPine -

I've been on Coral, and on Dawn Princess, as well as on X Millenium and Infinity. I agree with Coral above, the layout on Coral is quite good. There are WIDE passageways down the starboard side of the two decks (4 and 5?) that have all "public" spaces on them and there is no single area that I saw that felt crowded. I liked having the choice of two good alternative restaurants. The Bayou Cafe had great live jazz and good food. The gym had better equipment than other ships I've been on, although the gym and spa layout was a little cut-up. The buffet had a funky layout with all the food stations separated so you had to roam around the room carrying your tray just to see what was available, and there were no waiters to assist. I was fortunate to be in a mini-suite, so of course I liked the cabin, but there was no butler service - apparently Princess doesn't have butlers? All that said, if I sail Princess, I would certainly try to get on Coral or sister ship Island.

That said, I personally still prefer X for the more elegant design and decoration, the grand, two story dining rooms, the artwork, the large spa and gym with comfortable locker rooms, the overall better layout, better "flow" in the buffet, nicer cabins, more comfortable theaters with individual cocktail tables, and the high quality service. But I'd be happy to go on Coral/Island for the right itinerary and price.

There are never enough days at sea!

Archived