Beds on Anthem?

Both the positive and negative reviews of Anthem seem to have one thing in common:

The dislike of the beds, which have been described as rock hard.

Is this accurate? Why do you think this is the case? Do they have a different supplier? Are the beds just too new?

What was your experience?

If the mattress is too hard, can you get it switches out?

I wonder if anyone has asked to get a new one from the steward and if that made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm curious if type of cabin/location of cabins play a role here as well as type of bed (sofa bed vs regular bed) and bed arrangement (together Vs. Apart).

Maybe we can find a pattern here.

If you wouldn't mind, please include this information. I'm going to put together a spreadsheet and will publish the results by the end of the week. Please include your cabin number and date that you sailed. It may be possible that someone had the same cabin and that the mattress was swapped out at some point.

I'm curious if type of cabin/location of cabins play a role here as well as type of bed (sofa bed vs regular bed) and bed arrangement (together Vs. Apart).

If you wouldn't mind, please include this information. I'm going to put together a spreadsheet and will publish the results by the end of the week. Please include your cabin number and date that you sailed. It may be possible that someone had the same cabin and that the mattress was swapped out at some point.

So I guess we are speculating that the cheaper the cabin the harder the mattress?

"If you want a good nights sleep you need to buy a suite" is the new Royal Jingle/slogan?????

So I guess we are speculating that the cheaper the cabin the harder the mattress?

"If you want a good nights sleep you need to buy a suite" is the new Royal Jingle/slogan?????

I'm not speculating at all. Just looking to see if there are any patterns.

Inside cabins vs outside vs balcony. They may have a reason based on configuration to have sourced mattresses from different suppliers.

I'm not going in with any pre-conceived notions.

4/30/16 - CABIN 8638 GS

The bed (both together) in this cabin had a mattress topper already there.

You might find this to be the case in any cabin JS and higher.

In the description for these cabins it indicates under "Seas Class Exclusives" -

Luxury Pillow Top Mattress. Cabins below this class do not have this

notation. I think you can request a topper from the attendant if need

be.

Very comfortable. Good luck with your analysis. Should be interesting.

Hi,

We were on Anthem last year when it was very new, cabin 3644 Accessible, slept like a baby very comfortable.

On Ovation a couple of weeks ago, cabin 3642 Accessible, again very comfortable, same type of matress.

Trouble and strife, same as.

Pete

I was in a solo balcony cabin (6252) on the 18 April Anthem cruise. I had heard about the hard beds and emailed special needs to request a mattress topper. It was put on the bed and in my opinion the bed would have been way too hard for what I like without it. As it was even with the topper it was still a bit harder than I like, but the topper helped a lot so that I was able to sleep.

My partner and I were on Anthem back on 9/1/2015 SG 7634 and the mattress was absolutely wonderful as have been the mattresses on all our cruises in our opinion. We have had some which seemed a little softer than others but I would guess they had a few more cruises on the clock also.

As for the comment "rock hard", I would recommend people sleep on the bed rather than the floor for a more comfortable nights sleep. I am not one for extreme descriptions like "rock hard" as they really are inaccurate descriptions. I don't think we would be accepting of the description "rock hard" if an ED tablet were to use it in their advertising. :)

Edited by jtsongas

We were in a Family Junior Suite during spring break. DH and I slept on the "beds together," DD13 on the sofa bed and DD9 in the top bunk.

The kids didn't complain.

Our bed felt like Fred Flintstone's bed. We have a firm mattress at home, but this mattress was rock hard. It was uncomfortable, but tolerable. Not sure why we didn't ask for an egg crate. I guess because we were so exhausted at the end of the day and then didn't think of it in the morning.

Both the positive and negative reviews of Anthem seem to have one thing in common:

Is this accurate? Why do you think this is the case? Do they have a different supplier? Are the beds just too new?

I wonder if anyone has asked to get a new one from the steward and if that made a difference.

where you "keep" hearing this?????? Have done a 12 day or her in a S/JS and the beds were perfect, slept like a baby. Likewise for everyone else in our party.

Just saw the end of your post....NO they will not "switch out" your mattress....:rolleyes:

Just saw the end of your post....NO they will not "switch out" your mattress....:rolleyes:

I totally missed that when I originally read the post. :eek:

"When you change out my mattress, can you also make the water in my toilet drain counterclockwise and shift my cabin three feet to the left?"

I totally missed that when I originally read the post. :eek:

"When you change out my mattress, can you also make the water in my toilet drain counterclockwise and shift my cabin three feet to the left?"

Now that is funny.....K.O.:):)