Norwegian Bags Program

Lori39x

I'm a first time cruiser, and I'm making this first trip a truly memorable one, as we're travelling to Alaska with my Girl Scout Troop from Northeast PA. We'll be sailing the Norwegian Pearl out of Seattle. We'll be spending an extra day in Seattle upon our return from Alaska, and are having a problem trying to figure out what to do with our baggage until we have to check into the airport. I understand that in 2015, Norwegian offered a service to passengers known as "The Bags Program." Norwegian would check our baggage from the ship through to the airlines on our behalf. Is this program being offered in 2016? And if so, does anyone have any additional information they can provide to me regarding this program? Thank you so much!! Sincerely, a very, very excited Girl Scout Leader :D!!!

i guess I'm missing something here....if you are spending an extra day in Seattle on the back end why would you need a place for your luggage? :confused: Just take it to the hotel as any decent hotel will store it for you until your room is ready and you are able to check in.

Lori39x-

There may be some other ways to handle the luggage. It would depend on when you are flying out and the adult to child ratio. Since you said a "day" in Seattle and not a "night" maybe you have a red eye flight back to the east coast.

1. If you have enough adults, you could rent a car(s). There is a shuttle from the pier to the rental car pick up. This will give you luggage storage and transportation back to the airport. With three or four people per car, should cost less than a shuttle too.

2. NCL offers a Seattle tour that visits the Space Needle, Pike Place, etc and then returns you to the airport. Luggage will be in the bus cargo. This may get you back to airport sooner than you want and is around $75 each.

3. I have read that there is luggage storage at the pier until 3:00. The Space Needle and other attractions are walking distance if willing to do a little hike.

TMC

i guess I'm missing something here....if you are spending an extra day in Seattle on the back end why would you need a place for your luggage? :confused: Just take it to the hotel as any decent hotel will store it for you until your room is ready and you are able to check in.

We are taking the red eye back to PA, so spending just the day in Seattle. We considered renting a hotel room for the day just to store our luggage. But, we're trying to spend our money on fun stuff, rather than on luggage storage for the day. But, that may be our solution. Thank you.

Lori39x-

There may be some other ways to handle the luggage. It would depend on when you are flying out and the adult to child ratio. Since you said a "day" in Seattle and not a "night" maybe you have a red eye flight back to the east coast.

1. If you have enough adults, you could rent a car(s). There is a shuttle from the pier to the rental car pick up. This will give you luggage storage and transportation back to the airport. With three or four people per car, should cost less than a shuttle too.

2. NCL offers a Seattle tour that visits the Space Needle, Pike Place, etc and then returns you to the airport. Luggage will be in the bus cargo. This may get you back to airport sooner than you want and is around $75 each.

3. I have read that there is luggage storage at the pier until 3:00. The Space Needle and other attractions are walking distance if willing to do a little hike.

TMC

TMC, we are taking the red eye back home that night, but I truly appreciate your reply!!! That Bags Program would have been ideal for us. I'm a little disappointed that it has been discontinued :(. I'll look into the luggage storage at the pier. I'm kind of wishing it would be until about 6pm, instead of 3pm, but I'll start there! Thank you so much for your reply :).

After our Alaska cruise a couple summers ago we had a late flight out of Seattle too. We checked our luggage at the airport and then went to a mall near the airport and went to the movies and ate lunch there before returning to the airport for our flight.

Thank you very much. I'll look into how many hours we can check our bags at the airport, prior to our flight. We don't fly until 10:30pm, so I don't think we can check into the airport until 4 hours before our flight. But, I'll definitely double check, because that would be a great option. We just can't walk around the city with our luggage. Thank you!!