PLS HELP! Cabin Question-Porthole, etc.

WeLuvCruzn

I saw this picture in Hommebronze's online photo album... here's a link:

http://image53.webshots.com/53/7/43/95/480374395fdCACL_ph.jpg

Is that a typical PORTHOLE room? It looks amazing. I always thought portholes were tiny and high on the wall -- so I never considered those rooms as an option. Does anyone else have any photos of their porthole rooms? We'd love to see them. Thanks! :)

Sorry to tell you that is NOT a porthole. Looks to me like a round oceanview window. I suppose it depends on the ship of course. But we had a porthole on Zenith, and it was about 13 inches across......and set back from the room. (we actually used the setback shelf to store stuff lol).

the large round windows are usually found in the broad, flat sides of a modern ship, true portholes are found toward the bow of the ship where the hull curves inward and thickens, creating a sort of tunnel effect. i had one on the Norway very far forward that i could lay in to try to see out!:eek:

We have a category 7 room on Constellation, which technically says it has a panormaic window but in lookig at pictures of the ship, they seem round. IS this, perhaps, what we'll end up with?

M Class ships have these round windows in oceanview cabins. They do provide a good view. The oceanview cabin windows are the smaller ones seen from external view. The larger round windows seen from external view are in public areas and offices.

Archived