Docs have not Arrived

IAMAMT

First Time Poster, Long Time Reader

We leave for our cruise a week from Saturday, a few days of precruise in Wash. DC, then leave on Maasdam on Nov. 5 from Norfolk Va. I purchased cruise from online TA that advertises on site. As of today no Docs have arrived. Hal says contact TA. TA says HAL is slow to send Docs, do not worry till late next week.

Has any one else that uses online booking had this problem? Should I begin to worry? Thanks for your advice.

Well give it to the beginning of next week and then start thinking of seriously following it up. My two experiences with cruising is that the documents get released about 2-3 weeks before the cruise but I know of someone at my office who got her documents one week before. These documents seem never to be something that get released months in advance due to ever changing airline schedules (if a flight is included) and dinner time assignments. So its normal to start getting antsy about it all but don't panic quite yet. Murphy law says if you panic and scream today it'll arrive in the mail the next day.

Call whoever you booked the trip through. If you used a travel agent (online or not) the cruise lines send the docs to them, then the agent forwards them to you. If you booked directly through the cruise line, give 'em a call.

First Time Poster, Long Time Reader

We leave for our cruise a week from Saturday, a few days of precruise in Wash. DC, then leave on Maasdam on Nov. 5 from Norfolk Va. I purchased cruise from online TA that advertises on site. As of today no Docs have arrived. Hal says contact TA. TA says HAL is slow to send Docs, do not worry till late next week.

Has any one else that uses online booking had this problem? Should I begin to worry? Thanks for your advice.

Your final documents are probably floating around the online agency's office. Unless you've booked fly/cruise, HA nearly always sends out docs 4-6 weeks prior to sailing.

Do you have your booking number? The booking number is tantamount to an e-ticket - you can board with that. However, if you have any on board credits, you will have to have the actual "voucher" that is included in the final documents.

Maasdam on Nov. 5 from Norfolk Va

Hi Jim, We are on the same sailing as you. We used an online agency, though TA was located here in Norfolk. She dropped our docs to us about 2 weeks ago. I agree, see if HAL sent them to the agency you used and then bug the heck out of them. Are you all from the VA area? Looking forward to a great cruise! Hope the weather will be good. Joann:D

HAL Is not slow at sending out documents. They usually are sent a month before, or more. Some agencies just have them sitting on the Desks, I know one big one in NJ that does that. I was once offered a job with them, and they said sell, and no customer service, just go on to the next customer.

I refused the job, and took a job with an agency down the street whose owner;s former job was a policeman.

Diane

Archived