Latest wine menu from Escape May 2016

Had a great cruise on the Escape and was pleasantly surprised by the wine menu.

DSC01079_zpshkj6ygrg.jpg

Enjoy!

Vic

We've just double checked with our NCL PCC, and the FULL Fleetwide Wine List is much more extensive than this.

We are having him double check that there hasn't been a very recent cutback in the list, and will post his reply here.

Hoping the former and more extensive wine list is still available.

The Fleet wide pdf is from 2015. It is out of date.

The prices listed on this menu are for glass/bottle. There is no wine for $30 a glass. :) There are a couple "premium" chards for an upcharge.

We were never told in any restaurant that one of these wines was unavailable.

Cheers!

Vic

The Fleet wide pdf is from 2015. It is out of date.

The prices listed on this menu are for glass/bottle. There is no wine for $30 a glass. :) There are a couple "premium" chards for an upcharge.

We were never told in any restaurant that one of these wines was unavailable.

Cheers!

Vic

The Cab Sav M from mondovi is $30 or so says the bottom of the menu on the right[emoji13]

However seems enough complaints went through and they added to the wine by the glass offerings!! Now people can complain about the prices!!!

They keep raising the prices. The Poully was originally 14.95. Then they raised it to 17.70. Now they're nickel and diming. It's 18.50.

The 14.95 and 17.70 prices were last year and based on the pour size....now they are only offer one pour size at the new 18.50 price.

Can't you just click on it?

You talkin' to us?

Of *course* folks can click on that link; that's what links are for.

We were sent a pdf attachment (not a link), which I didn't know how to upload (just as I wrote).

Hence, we didn't know how to share it with others.

Hence, WE THANKED *YOU* for posting a link for others.

(I guess we are sorry that we tried to be polite and thank you for helping others. Won't make that mistake again!)

What is your problem!?

The Cab Sav M from mondovi is $30 or so says the bottom of the menu on the right[emoji13]

However seems enough complaints went through and they added to the wine by the glass offerings!! Now people can complain about the prices!!!

Now I see it! I was prepared for a very limited list, we had no problem finding "drinkable" wine. I highly recommend the Wine Cellar Waterfront.

We also did the "Black Glass Wine Tasting". All of us could identify what was in the glasses to some extent, but it was fun and tasty.

Vic

Now I see it! I was prepared for a very limited list, we had no problem finding "drinkable" wine. I highly recommend the Wine Cellar Waterfront.

We also did the "Black Glass Wine Tasting". All of us could identify what was in the glasses to some extent, but it was fun and tasty.

Vic

The Black Glass Tasting sounds fun...hopefully it's still around when we cruise next!

If you get the $30 glass- are you still tipping $5.40 with the UBP or is it the difference over $15 and then + $2.70 for the tip? Either way, are you still then expected to tip on top of that?

Its important to know.

Are all glasses of wine available using the ultimate beverage package? We are new to cruising and don't really know how this works just got the free at sea promo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you get the $30 glass- are you still tipping $5.40 with the UBP or is it the difference over $15 and then + $2.70 for the tip? Either way, are you still then expected to tip on top of that?

Its important to know.

If you purchased a UBP, you paid the 18% at the time of purchase. If you got it as a promo, they either added in the 18% to your account precruise, or it was not charged, depending on the promo at the time you got it. So no 18% added to drinks $15 and under on the ship. But you will pay 18% on the difference in price for anything over $15, or $2.70 in the case of a $30 glass of wine.

Whether or not you choose to tip a little additional is up to you.

Are all glasses of wine available using the ultimate beverage package? We are new to cruising and don't really know how this works just got the free at sea promo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If it has a price under the "by the glass" column, then it is available. Some wines are available for purchase "by the bottle" only. Any drink $15 or under is included in the package. You pay the difference plus 18% for anything over $15. But read the terms and conditions of the package, or maybe someone else can confirm, I seem to recall that you get a 20% discount on bottles of wine with the UBP.

We also did the "Black Glass Wine Tasting". All of us could identify what was in the glasses to some extent, but it was fun and tasty.Vic

Is this done at the Wine cellar? Could you tell me more about it.

Thank you

The 14.95 and 17.70 prices were last year and based on the pour size....now they are only offer one pour size at the new 18.50 price.

That begs the question. Which pour size do you get now for $18.50? With all the constant changes, I assume nothing anymore.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

That begs the question. Which pour size do you get now for $18.50? With all the constant changes, I assume nothing anymore.

I'm not sure as I haven't cruise this year, I just know that Last year (May on the Breakaway) while I had a large pour my MIL would get a smaller pour with dinner[emoji5]

We were on at the end of January, and it was 17.70. It was higher than when we were on December. We really didn't pay attention to the pour size. We'll be back on her June 11th. I'll be sure to ask this time. It makes sense that they'd get rid of the pour that didn't make them any money. Just get 2 of short pours for free. Still get more than 1 bigger pour at a cost. Assuming, of course, that if you're hanging out in the Wine Cellar, you opted for UBP.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

I am tormenting one of my vacation partners in crime with this list. I am sending her the list at work, one wine at a time. A little vacation evilness to pass the time.

Hahaha[emoji48]

Seems like a good move by Del Rio- make any decent glass of wine more than $15 so people will have to pay more.

I don't really care- I know nothing about wine so one of the $10-$12 glasses will be just fine by me.