Thinking of booking Royal and have some questions....

Hello Everyone,

We are seriously considering booking a Med cruise along with the TA in Oct 2017. We have never cruised on RCI, but need some new itineraries.

We have been to Europe before, but have not done the Eastern Med. So, we really like this itinerary and price. We have spent 3 days in Barcelona pre-cruise in 2012 and loved the city! But, we don't feel the need to come in early this time.

I have some questions that you seasoned RCI cruisers can surely answer:

1. Is the current sale with 60% on 2nd pax a deal?

2. How often does RCI have the WOW sale, or any sale with reduced deposit?

3. Is there a benefit to booking airfare with cruise, besides assured arrival? In other words, do you save any money?

4. If you use AIR2SEA, and have to cancel before final payment, is there a penalty for the airfare? With some other lines you can cancel air up until final payment if you decide to book it separately, or cancel the cruise.

Thanks John & Linda

Edited by JWGrayson

The current sale has resulted in reduced prices for some, but many of us have cruises that have not really gone down in price. There's no predicting when the next WOW or other kind of sale will be, or whether it will be better than what's going on now.

Royal's Air2Sea does save money on one-way international travel. However, unless you pay for fully refundable fares (much higher), you will lose money on the air anythime you cancel your cruise, even before final payment.

Edited by clarea

The current sale has resulted in reduced prices for some, but many of us have cruises that have not really gone down in price. There's no predicting when the next WOW or other kind of sale will be, or whether it will be better than what's going on now.

Royal's Air2Sea does save money on one-way international travel. However, unless you pay for fully refundable fares (much higher), you will lose money on the air anythime you cancel your cruise, even before final payment.

Thanks Bob! We always get travel insurance, so we will simply need to use that for air if we cancel for covered reasons. Carnival does not book air until after final payment, so it is refundable until then. But, they don't give you any choices as to carrier, time, etc; thus doesn't get used much. John

Thanks Bob! We always get travel insurance, so we will simply need to use that for air if we cancel for covered reasons. Carnival does not book air until after final payment, so it is refundable until then. But, they don't give you any choices as to carrier, time, etc; thus doesn't get used much. John

That's one nice feature of Royal's air program, you can select your flights, pick your seats (mostly), etc.

Book now and then continue to price check during the weekly/bi-weekly sales. They will honor price adjustments for sales before 90-days out (someone confirm that exact number, please), so there's no downside to booking as far out as you can. Just check their website, and if you see a better deal, call up Crown & Anchor for an adjustment. They'll give it to you no problem!

I'm doing a Med cruise from Barcelona this October. I'm using Air2Sea, and I'm thrilled with that decision so far. Price was about $200 cheaper per person RT than either direct through United or on Priceline. They also give you the built-in guarantee of getting you to the ship. They'll either hold the ship for you or pay all expenses to get you to the next port. I'm not certain whether it's refundable, as I have no plans on canceling this trip ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

Book now and then continue to price check during the weekly/bi-weekly sales. They will honor price adjustments for sales before 90-days out (someone confirm that exact number, please), so there's no downside to booking as far out as you can. Just check their website, and if you see a better deal, call up Crown & Anchor for an adjustment. They'll give it to you no problem!

I'm doing a Med cruise from Barcelona this October. I'm using Air2Sea, and I'm thrilled with that decision so far. Price was about $200 cheaper per person RT than either direct through United or on Priceline. They also give you the built-in guarantee of getting you to the ship. They'll either hold the ship for you or pay all expenses to get you to the next port. I'm not certain whether it's refundable, as I have no plans on canceling this trip ;-)

Thanks! Just wasn't sure if I wanted to tie up $1,800 in deposits for 17 months as we have other cruises to deal with.

My Mom will be 99 by the time this cruise comes up and we never know what will happen with her. She is on a very slow decline. So, we don't plan on canceling, but stuff happens. John