Our recent experience in the Regal Enclave...

smixsell

Update: Princess sent me a response e-mail informing me that they will be refunding our full Enclave fee for the cruise and will also be forwarding my letter to operations for possible corrective action.

A Princess Cust Svc rep had called a few days ago and left a message, I haven't been able to speak with her live yet. I will post the email I received from Princess shortly and a brief description of my conversation with the Cust Svc rep as soon as it take place

Edited by smixsell

Update: Princess sent me a response e-mail informing me that they will be refunding our full Enclave fee for the cruise and will also be forwarding my letter to operations for possible corrective action.

A Princess Cust Svc rep had called a few days ago and left a message, I haven't been able to speak with her live yet. I will post the email I received from Princess shortly and a brief description of my conversation with the Cust Svc rep as soon as it take place

Good news for you [emoji39]

Since the beginning Princess has advertised that the tile loungers and water beds in the Enclave are heated just like in the Thermal Suite on other ships. IMHO, they serve no purpose if they are not heated.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Good news for you [emoji39]

Since the beginning Princess has advertised that the tile loungers and water beds in the Enclave are heated just like in the Thermal Suite on other ships. IMHO, they serve no purpose if they are not heated.

They serve no purpose. To think they once worked and have been broken--FOR YEARS:eek: Suggest the hard working maintenance workers dont know their jobs. The Enclave can get hot and 'everything'--floors, chairs, beds etc can appear hot. The truth is ....They have never been heated (chairs, beds)

You wont find anyone who has used the Enclave who will tell you they found the chairs/beds hot on two different cruises.

NEVER, will you find someone who found them Cold on their first cruise...BUT HOT on their next cruise,:eek:

You can't find anyone with Princess who can tell you they are working this very day...on a current cruise, where ever the ships are in the world. I doubt they are heated on the Majestic, unless they've taken notice of these threads.

Edited by blkspy

It was the first week in March of 2014. I believe she entered service in May or June of 2013? Somebody will correct me if I am wrong. I can say for sure they were not heated. They were warm because the room was warm, but not at all heated.

I think if they feel warm it is due to being heated.

If they are at ambient or "room" temperature they "feel" cool because the "denser than air" (or more heat conductive) tile transmits heat out from your body at a faster rate than the ambient air.

On my cruise they felt "cool" because they were unheated and at ambient room temperature.

Any Physics people out there to confirm/rebut this for me?

Edited by smixsell

They serve no purpose. To think they once worked and have been broken--FOR YEARS:eek: Suggest the hard working maintenance workers dont know their jobs. The Enclave can get hot and 'everything'--floors, chairs, beds etc can appear hot. The truth is ....They have never been heated (chairs, beds)

You wont find anyone who has used the Enclave who will tell you they found the chairs/beds hot on two different cruises.

NEVER, will you find someone who found them Cold on their first cruise...BUT HOT on their next cruise,:eek:

You can't find anyone with Princess who can tell you they are working this very day...on a current cruise, where ever the ships are in the world. I doubt they are heated on the Majestic, unless they've taken notice of these threads.

My hope is to get to the bottom of this in my talk or talks with Princess.

My powerful suspicion is that the beds are designed to be heated, but that there is either:

1)a technical issue with Regal/Royal (i.e broke and too troublesome to fix or design defect makes them dangerous to operate) or

2) a legal issue (i.e. concern over liability), or

3) a Spa management issue with Regal/Royal (ie they don't like people hanging around too long on their lovely heated beds).

For what its worth, I think that any of these three possibilities is more likely than Princess being daft enough to stick unheated rock beds in their new Enclave.

Update: I just spoke with Cust Svc rep from the company that manages the Regal and Royal Enclave. She confirmed directly that the BEDS ARE DESIGNED TO BE HEATED AND SUPPOSED TO BE HEATED and that if they are not it means that something is wrong.

She said that she has never had any complaint about the beds being unheated reach her ears before mine. She also said that internal inquiries have been sent to their operations department, and that she was eager to get to the bottom of the situation so it would be corrected.

Let's all pray that this actually results in the problem being corrected!

Edited by smixsell

Update: I just spoke with Cust Svc rep from the company that manages the Regal and Royal Enclave. She confirmed directly that the BEDS ARE DESIGNED TO BE HEATED AND SUPPOSED TO BE HEATED and that if they are not it means that something is wrong.

She said that she has never had any complaint about the beds being unheated reach her ears before mine. She also said that internal inquiries have been sent to their operations de3partment, and that she was eager to get to the bottom of the situation so it would be corrected.

Let's all pray that this actually results in the problem being corrected!

Hmmmm, maybe I should have at least complained when I was on board. I definitely will if the problem is not fixed by Feb. I wonder if anyone at the Spa desk or passenger service desk even routes it to the appropriate person if they recieve a complaint. Here's hoping somebody is listening now!:D

I think I was censored:eek: Talking about unheated beds:eek: my last post isn't here:confused: Im amazed.

I CAN'T understand why its soooo hard to believe that the chairs/beds were NEVER HEATED. My LAST (thank god) thoughts on this.......If by physics, logic, chance, alignment of the stars or just plain luck....that these things were at one time heated......THEY ARE NOT HEATED NOW :D and have not been heated the past few years.

Waiting to read the lame reply on how the company knew nothing about the 'Broken' heating elements. And the promise that they will be working ASAP:rolleyes: That bridge for sale is called the Brooklyn Bridge.

Edited by blkspy

I think I was censored:eek: Talking about unheated beds:eek: my last post isn't here:confused: Im amazed.

I CAN'T understand why its soooo hard to believe that the chairs/beds were NEVER HEATED. My LAST (thank god) thoughts on this.......If by physics, logic, chance, alignment of the stars or just plain luck....that these things were at one time heated......THEY ARE NOT HEATED NOW :D and have not been heated the past few years.

Waiting to read the lame reply on how the company knew nothing about the 'Broken' heating elements. And the promise that they will be working ASAP:rolleyes: That bridge for sale is called the Brooklyn Bridge.

I agree with you 100%

I have no illusions about them correcting the problem. But your assertion that they were never heated is unsound.

In any event, I choose not to take the absurd excuse given by Spa personnel ---that they are not designed to be heated and were never heated--- lying down. I would rather continue to confront Princess and the Spa Management Company with this "lie," than simply shrug my shoulders and accept it.

I was given a full refund for the Enclave fee for myself and my wife. If the problem persists on my next cruise, I will turn up the heat on the Spa management company even more.

There isn't any Brooklyn Bridge being purchased here.

I have no illusions about them correcting the problem. But your assertion that they were never heated is unsound.

In any event, I choose not to take the absurd excuse given by Spa personnel ---that they are not designed to be heated and were never heated--- lying down. I would rather continue to confront Princess and the Spa Management Company with this "lie," than simply shrug my shoulders and accept it.

I was given a full refund for the Enclave fee for myself and my wife. If the problem persists on my next cruise, I will turn up the heat on the Spa management company even more.

There isn't any Brooklyn Bridge being purchased here.

Your spirit is to be admired. You're not the first to mount this campaign, nor the first to get a refund.. Many who've sailed this class of ship purchase the Enclave not expecting heated beds. Matter of fact, there is no waiting for them.....The rip off is that you must pay to use Steam/Sauna rooms. Grand class ships they are still free in the locker rooms. So good luck with your quest. I do look forward to hearing the reply you receive. Unless they are changed during the Dry dock....We'll be on her for 15 days--Canada and the Repo.....I dont expect a change . Nor really care. Good luck and happy cruising.

Just google heated tile lounge chairs for spa. They have radiant heat similar to underfloor heating for tile bathrooms.

We enjoyed the thermal suites on the Diamond about ten years ago. A year later, we bought a pass for the Thermal suites on the Sapphire...the chairs were tepid at best. I complained about this within 5 minutes of buying a pass and was denied a refund. They made the assertion that the chairs were not intended to be warm. Lesson learned. I felt cheated and since then Princess has not gotten a penny from me for the Thermal Suites and never will again.

So now the chairs aren't even tepid? They are beyond pointless.

Incidentally, despite my very sour experience, I bought a pass for the therapy pool area on the Pacific Princess recently. On the day I bought the pass the bubbles worked in the pool. On the next day they stopped working and were not fixed even though I was told they would be. No refund. Now I see I should have written a letter each time, but I have learned this too late, because I will never buy passes for either the thermal suites or thalassotherapy pools again on a Princess ship. I hear Celebrity has a nice thermal suite that even offers an ocean view, if we ever decide that the spa area is key to our cruising happiness, we may try Celebrity.

Edited by Loreni