Discounted excursions

We booked our excursions shortly after booking our cruise and got 20% off when we booked 2 (for booking early). But now we're considering changing one. The excursions show as bundled and I would have to cancel both and rebook both losing our discount.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to switch the one without losing the discount on the other one? What if I wait until we're on board and change the excursion? We still want to do 2, we just feel like something else then the one I originally booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there

You don't say which cruise line, which ports, or what tours you are considering. I have to assume that you booked this through your cruise line.

Likely the price is only for the package, but have you checked for similar tours through a private tour operator? You may find much better prices for the same tours that you are interested in.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I actually had the same situation happen. Booked three together as a bundle deal, but then had to change one because my husband wasn't going to feel comfortable doing one of them because snorkeling was a portion of it and he doesn't swim (felt guilty about leaving him with nothing to do while I snorkeled).

So I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com asking if I could change one of the excursions. They told me I would have to cancel and rebook, so I had to explain that I couldn't cancel without canceling the others, and I didn't want to lose my discount.

After some back and forth they finally gave me a discount code to use so that I could rebook the two I wanted to keep along with a new one for the third, and still with the 20% discount. My advice is to make the request, and be extremely nice while doing so. From my experience I have received excellent customer service from them by being very nice them.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I actually had the same situation happen. Booked three together as a bundle deal, but then had to change one because my husband wasn't going to feel comfortable doing one of them because snorkeling was a portion of it and he doesn't swim (felt guilty about leaving him with nothing to do while I snorkeled).

So I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com asking if I could change one of the excursions. They told me I would have to cancel and rebook, so I had to explain that I couldn't cancel without canceling the others, and I didn't want to lose my discount.

After some back and forth they finally gave me a discount code to use so that I could rebook the two I wanted to keep along with a new one for the third, and still with the 20% discount. My advice is to make the request, and be extremely nice while doing so. From my experience I have received excellent customer service from them by being very nice them.

I took your advice and emailed them. Thanks for the email address. I got this response

"Please keep this email as confirmation.

Please print it and visit the shore excursion desk as soon as you board the Carnival Victory.

Please cancel your tour and book the new one. The shore excursion manager will issue the discount onboard."

I'm glad that now i can book something better for us and not lose the discount on the other one. Thanks again.

Thank you for this information, it is timely!

A couple days ago I took a chance on booking our excursions in advance in order to take advantage of the discount. But all along have been worried/and wondering what would happen if I wanted to make a change. Thanks to all of you who have shared your experience, i'll know how to handle it if I decide to change. Truly appreciate it!