FINALLY-Details About Zenith Dry-Dock

CarnyMan

Call me nuts, but it was driving me crazy no knowing any details about the Zenith's dry dock. So, I emailed Dan Hanrahan, Celebrity's President, and was referred to Mr. Sanabria. Mr. Sanabria emailed me the following details about the dry dock:

• Replacement/reconditioning of carpet on Atlantic & Bahamas Decks.

• Replacement/reconditioning of carpet in 200 staterooms Atlantic & Bahamas Decks.

• Cleaning of the AC vents in staterooms, kitchen, bars, and other public lounges.

• Windsurf Cafe refurbishment

While this is not an all-inclusive list of everything it is better to know at least some details. Mr. Sanabria also said that at the beginning of the dry dock all of the linens would be taken off the ship and replaced with NEW ones before the first post-dry-dock sailing! Mr. Sanabria even CALLED me on my cell phone to ask me if I needed any more information!! Can you believe that?! We talked for several minutes. I am so impressed with this kind of customer service. He even admitted that Celebrity should have provided more detailed information on the dry dock to their customer service representatives.

Well that's great news!

I'll be on that first sailing, will come back and let you know about all the new changes. Nice to know they'll have all brand new bed linens. That's the one thing that always creeps me out.......old sheets and pillow cases! (lets not even MENTION the bedspreads!)

Thanks for doing the legwork, Carny! :)

Thanks for taking the time to do that. It was driving me kind of crazy too. I don;t mind sailing an older ship, but I am bringing two people with me, it will be their second cruise, the first was on the VOS. As long as the rooms look fresh, I think that will be great. I hope there is some positive feedback when the first cruise after the refurb returns. I'm in the double digits now so getting very excited. :D

Thank you so much for providing that information even though it will be awhile till I'm back on Zenith.

When you say the linens will be changed...does that include bedspreads and curtains or just sheets and pillowcases? I ask because it seems that is what most people complain about on this ship. As for me I love Zenith and I just remove the bedspread and put it out of sight. We've had wonderful times on this ship.

It was certainly very nice of Celebrity to handle your inquiry so efficiently and personally.

thanks for taking the time and iniative to get this information for us. I too, hope the bedspreads will be changed but anything is better than nothing. There will be 19 of us sailing in Dec and some have never sailed before. Many of us are on the Altantic deck so guess we will have the benefit of the new carpets if nothing else. As slotattic mentioned she really didn't care so much, but did for the others. We felt the same way. I know my daughter and the rest will be glad to hear this. NMnita

when the waiter dumped rasberry smoothies all over our clothes atop the bedspread. Everything was taken off the bed & washed & put back on.

So maybe have a pen leak ink? Even have an "accident" on it? or get a waiter to dump a smoothie on your bed as he is picking up the table cloth for the table on the balcony.

Hope I get to keep the "gift" I just got UPS. Yesterday I get a scanner, that I am to use to scan UPC codes from any item I buy for the next year. Today I get a black light that is for my hotel bed during a "shop" I do next week. This shows with the weird glasses I wear any semun, pee, or other bodily fluids on the bed. CSI uses it for blood, but that isn't on the list if colors I will see. I want to use it on Celebrity!

when the waiter dumped rasberry smoothies all over our clothes atop the bedspread. Everything was taken off the bed & washed & put back on.

So maybe have a pen leak ink? Even have an "accident" on it? or get a waiter to dump a smoothie on your bed as he is picking up the table cloth for the table on the balcony.

This smacks of dishonesty at the very least, and as a former cop I'm suprised you would suggest such a thing.

This smacks of dishonesty at the very least, and as a former cop I'm suprised you would suggest such a thing.

Did you read the post about taping phone conversations?

MACOP, you surely post some unusual stuff. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I too, hope the bedspreads will be changed but anything is better than nothing. NMnita

I didn't ask Mr. Sanabria specifically about the bedspreads, he just said that all of the linens and 'soft goods' will be replaced. I should have asked but was just so blown away that he actually called me in the first place that I couldn't remember everything to ask him. He was extremely nice and he even called me back later to ask me when was my sailing date??

Hope I get to keep the "gift" I just got UPS. Yesterday I get a scanner, that I am to use to scan UPC codes from any item I buy for the next year. Today I get a black light that is for my hotel bed during a "shop" I do next week. This shows with the weird glasses I wear any semun, pee, or other bodily fluids on the bed. CSI uses it for blood, but that isn't on the list if colors I will see. I want to use it on Celebrity!

I am trying to understand if you wear wierd glasses with pee and semen on them. If so, why?

I keep shaking the decoder ring and realize now that I was cheated out of $20 at the 7-11.

Well I did not think the sheets in Zenith Conc. Class 10/1 needed any replacing. That bed was as cozy as could be. But I have had a problem with the Concierge Class towels since the beginning of the concept. They are "Frette" towels and I don't know enough to be impressed. All I know is they are chenille like and though heavy, they are rough and scratchy as heck. They were that way on Summit last year and the same on Zenith this year. In both evals I talked about the towels. Truthfully, Marriott does a better job with their towels in a standard hotel room than these things. Hope they get replaced! Marilyn

Hope I get to keep the "gift" I just got UPS. Yesterday I get a scanner, that I am to use to scan UPC codes from any item I buy for the next year. Today I get a black light that is for my hotel bed during a "shop" I do next week.

An ex cop working as a secret shopper? Oh, how the mighty have fallen!;) National or local agency?

We just got off the Zenith today and they said they were replacing the carpeting and refurbishing the bathrooms in the cabins and did not specify only certain decks. When we got back to the cabin after breakfast this morning they had removed all bedding and had the mattresses stacked up, as if they were to be removed...

BTW we were on the Europa deck (5), and the color scheme was blue, with the rugs and chairs very worn and stained, and the bedspread looking pretty good. The bathroom shower is in dire need of a tile job, though.

We really had a great time and did not see any decrease in the service or cleanliness of the ship.

We just got off the Zenith today and they said they were replacing the carpeting and refurbishing the bathrooms in the cabins and did not specify only certain decks. When we got back to the cabin after breakfast this morning they had removed all bedding and had the mattresses stacked up, as if they were to be removed...

BTW we were on the Europa deck (5), and the color scheme was blue, with the rugs and chairs very worn and stained, and the bedspread looking pretty good. The bathroom shower is in dire need of a tile job, though.

We really had a great time and did not see any decrease in the service or cleanliness of the ship.

Good to know they wasted no time getting started on the drydock renovations! We'll be on the Europa deck when Zenith returns on 11/5/05 and I will be reporting back what we find as soon as we get home.

Say...that's good news about Zenith! We're booked well in advance on Z for 11/3/06 going for 14 days out of Tampa. We were on it for 14 days last March to Eastern Caribbean and loved it. Refurbishing will make it just that much better. Thanks for getting the word out.

This drydocking is merely the required which occurs every two years.

I just returned from the 10/15 sailing. They really need to get new chairs, tables and loungers. They are pretty ugly looking now... so stained.

For a 13 year old ship, she looks pretty good.

We're booked on Zenith 12/17 so are hungry for details! Thanks for whetting our appetites.

I have been told by a TA that some Celebrity ships have Tempurpedic mattresses. Is this true? I wonder if the Zenith is upgrading the mattresses as well as the linens?

I guess we'll have to wait until 11/5 to know for sure---it's up to all of you who are booked on her early post-drydock sailings!

Archived