Zadar

Yesrock52

Hi.

We are joining Oceana next week for a two week cruise during which we are visiting Zadar. Prior to booking this cruise I had not heard of this port. Can anybody give me a little information regarding things to do in this port? The usual things i.e. distance to town, feasability of seeing Zadar on foot etc?

Many thanks.

Chris.

We went there with Celebrity. You need a shuttle bus to get to town, and you need some local currency to buy food etc.

Not that much to see, but the wharf is very interesting with its built in organ driven by wave power.

Agree with the comment about having Croatian Kuna or paying with cards. We used an ATM.

There are some things to see in the centre, churches, tower, ruins, the sea organ and salute to the sun.

There was a market and some nice bars/cafes. We had lunch from a bakery which was tasty. Also visited the glass museum which included a blowing demo.

Some good wine shops to pick up a bottle or too. Enough for a day. In the centre of town there is a Tourist Info place who were helpful.