Any thoughts on Category 6 vs. 7 on Tauck riverboats?

OnTheJourney

Hi,

I'm currently booked in Category 6 but am considering upgrading to the Category 7 suite. Any advice from those who have perhaps sailed with Tauck in either one of the rooms? 7 looks to have a nice walk-in closet.

Thanks,

Keith

We cruised with Tauck last year on the Rhine and Moselle in a category 7. The room was lovely. The walk in closet was the biggest we have ever had on any cruise (ocean or river) and the bathroom was large and luxurious. It was also lovely to have 2 floor to ceiling windows that opened. We thought it was worth the extra money.

We were on Tauck last July for the Rhine/Moselle itinerary. It was hot. Some passengers in Cat 7 cabins complained that their cabins got overheated, due to being on the top deck with the sun hitting, and that the a/c didn't do an adequate job of cooling.

AG

I told my TA to change the reservation from CAT 6 to 7...I like the idea of the bigger room with the walk-in closet and also 2 French Balconies instead of one. The trip costs such an exorbitant amount anyway compared to your typical ocean cruise...so not much point trying to save on the room I guess. I don't suspect we'll be doing too many of these river trips.