Doctor's Cave Montego Bay

WhoDatNation

What's the best transportation for 5 adults and 1 child? Will be heading there from the Dream next month.

They have a shuttle bus right outside the terminal area in Montego Bay that will take you to Doctors Cave. Just ask and someone will direct you to the bus. I believe it is $5 per person.

They have a shuttle bus right outside the terminal area in Montego Bay that will take you to Doctors Cave. Just ask and someone will direct you to the bus. I believe it is $5 per person.

Last week it was 7 pp each way. I would look for a taxi driver with van and see what that price would be.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the post. My family of 4 are going soon. We are planning on going to Doctor's Cave. Last December I took a tour bus. I was considering a taxi so when we are ready to leave, we don't have to wait around on the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

We are really looking forward to going back there in 2 weeks. Nice that now they have loungers and not just those awful deck chairs that they had the last time we were there. Water was gorgeous, I remember that. Been a while since we have been there so will be nice to go back and see how things have changed.

Are you troubled with aggressive vendors while at Doctor's Cave Beach?

Subscribing to thread, and I'd like to know the answer as well. We've been to Jamaica twice. The second time we didn't leave the ship because of the aggressive people. Would also like to know of places to go/things to do to avoid such things. Thanks!

We are really looking forward to going back there in 2 weeks. Nice that now they have loungers and not just those awful deck chairs that they had the last time we were there. Water was gorgeous, I remember that. Been a while since we have been there so will be nice to go back and see how things have changed.

Please post here after you return and let me know how the beach was. I'll be there Dec. 21.

• 4 months later...
Last week it was 7 pp each way. I would look for a taxi driver with van and see what that price would be.

Has anyone been lately? Any idea how much the taxi van ride would be? There are 6 that will be in our group so if we're to ride together we'll need a van.

Has anyone been lately? Any idea how much the taxi van ride would be? There are 6 that will be in our group so if we're to ride together we'll need a van.

Just back from Jamaica. Went to the Doctors Cave Beach and it was wall to wall packed with folks. It was our spring break so maybe it was a busy week. Aggressive vendorswere every five steps and one even put a joint in my husbands hand. He freaked out b/c he said no firmly several times. I won't go back with kids. Folks on both sides of us were buying and smoking pot. :( Sad b/c the water is gorgeous there.

We went to Doctors Cave as well and while it was busy, I wouldn't say there were aggressive vendors. Were there vendors, yes. But they all moved right along after we politely declined. Nobody bothered us twice.

We went to Doctors Cave as well and while it was busy, I wouldn't say there were aggressive vendors. Were there vendors, yes. But they all moved right along after we politely declined. Nobody bothered us twice.

Hi. Did they have Jet Skis to rent at the beach?

Thanks

Just back from Jamaica. Went to the Doctors Cave Beach and it was wall to wall packed with folks. It was our spring break so maybe it was a busy week. Aggressive vendorswere every five steps and one even put a joint in my husbands hand. He freaked out b/c he said no firmly several times. I won't go back with kids. Folks on both sides of us were buying and smoking pot. :( Sad b/c the water is gorgeous there.

Wow. That's over the top aggressive! :mad: