Carnival Glory Library

lmsdf

Hello. Does anyone know if the Glory keeps the games locked up in the library? On the Miracle, they were not and you could not play any game because the pieces were missing. On the Sunshine, they were kept locked in a closet (bartender unlocked per your request with your sail and sign card) so very few pieces were missing. It was a really fun place to hang out with the kids.

My wife and I were on the Glory for our honeymoon in 2014. None of the games were locked up. We played Scrabble 3 or 4 times and each time we came back we had to reorganize the tiles because there were way too many, like someone added tiles from other Scrabble games. That was a bit of a pain but not a huge deal. Missing pieces could be more problematic.

Hello. Does anyone know if the Glory keeps the games locked up in the library? On the Miracle, they were not and you could not play any game because the pieces were missing. On the Sunshine, they were kept locked in a closet (bartender unlocked per your request with your sail and sign card) so very few pieces were missing. It was a really fun place to hang out with the kids.

We were on Glory this past January. I'm not positive, but I don't think the games were locked up.

I do want to mention, though, if anyone is looking for books, don't bother. I had forgotten to stick my 2nd book in my suitcase. This was the first cruise that I read a lot because we only did one excursion during the 2 weeks. Finished my book, went to the library, and discovered 95% of the few books they had were in Spanish or French.

I found one book to read that first time. I checked frequently and found a couple more as people finished their own paperback & donated to the cause.

Very disappointing. The library is such a great low key place. Again, I didn't like it so much on the Miracle but loved it on the Sunshine. Guess we'll have to bring a couple of travel games. Thanks!!

I was on the Glory in October. The games were not locked up. My daughter and I played Jinga and some kind of card game. There were not a lot of choices and it wouldn't surprise me to find missing pieces.

So sorry to hear this. Again, I mostly blame previous cruisers who have used the books and games and not bothered to return them exactly as they have borrowed them. So sorry; have noticed over the past three decades as the ME only attitude has taken place in America that this is sadly now not surprising.

Don't people start to realize that even if on the moment they leave toilets degraded, books removed, games missing pieces, etc, that they too and everyone else looses out when the next time they go to use a public place, someone as selfish as they were left what was a good situation with less than what was there before?

Was on the Glory in February and the games are not locked up. Don't expect a lot of games, there were very few and as Sparky stated, there were very few books. I usually get a book at the library instead of packing my own and on the Glory that was not possible.