Internet Packages

lmsdf

Sorry to say no:

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

To access Wi-Fi, simply turn on your device's Wi-Fi feature and you will receive the information needed. You can do this anywhere onboard the ship.

above info from: Carnival WiFi FAQ

I'd say best bet is to use the 5$ a day plan and facebook messenger or whatsapp. I'm still trying to decide if I wanna talk to anyone back home badly enough to do it lol. The only person I really ever text is my wife and she'll be with me on the ship.

Man y'all are quick - lol. when I started there were no replies. Oh well, more info can;t hurt although now I see conflicting information regarding snapchat.

No idea which info takes precedence

Well the pic I posted was from when I was on the Glory in February.

Well the pic I posted was from when I was on the Glory in February.

yeah, they both came from Carnival so I guess OP will have to ask on board. Have to get on board to sign up for any of the plans anyway so should be easy to find out if they'll support it at that time.

That's silly, they used to allow snapchat with the $5 plan and now took it away? What else are they downgrading?

I don't think they did. I think the info from the website is old - like from when they first rolled it out. It doesn't even mention airline apps which the Social Media Plan absolutely does support. Go with what is printed on the ships vs what Carnival has on the website.

it might be because snapchat allows video (even though just short ones). Maybe when they first allowed it they only knew of the still pictures and were ok with that. Even short video probably takes more bandwidth than a photo.

I'm just guessing here.

it might be because snapchat allows video (even though just short ones). Maybe when they first allowed it they only knew of the still pictures and were ok with that. Even short video probably takes more bandwidth than a photo.

I'm just guessing here.

Possibly. I don't use it so I wouldn't know. But I agree that the only way to know for sure is to have someone try it out onboard.

Possibly. I don't use it so I wouldn't know. But I agree that the only way to know for sure is to have someone try it out onboard.

I'd bet your suggestion is more likely - the website is probably old - your pic is pretty recent. Maybe they've made strides in handling short video content.

I'm about 99% sure snapchat was specifically listed under the $5/day program a couple months ago. They probably noticed it is sucking a lot of bandwidth up.

But what about the facebook app and seeing videos on posts? Or are videos blocked out?

I'm about 99% sure snapchat was specifically listed under the $5/day program a couple months ago. They probably noticed it is sucking a lot of bandwidth up.

But what about the facebook app and seeing videos on posts? Or are videos blocked out?

Yes, I thought I read that too!

As you know, many videos to Facebook posts refer to the website where that video originated. If you only have the Social Media plan, you'll see a reference to the video on the FB post, but not able to view of play the video unless you have one of the "full" internet plans. At least thats how it was for us last week.

75e82a9d8392caf22aa8d14819994a0e.jpg

Those prices that say, i.e $60/cruise for the value package, is that different depending on the length of the cruise? Or is that for any length. I am specifically asking for a 7 day.

Thanks