Gem Saturday

ashosxm

Hello all were on our first cruise Saturday we have a 14 month old baby, anyone how do u give baths, we have a balcony ... Is their a tub I room or shower head that comes off ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Jewel with my son when he was 14 months old for his first cruise and we were in a balcony room. We were on the Jewel, sister ship to the Gem.

It's been a few years so I don't remember exactly but I think the shower heads are detachable (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me). My kid was terrified of the shower head at the time, and at age 7 still hates showers. We brought a little $5 blow up pool (the family cruising board often recommends the munchkin inflatable duck tub, i had whatever was the tiniest pool I found at target) that we stuck on the balcony since it was warm out and used it as his bathtub and splash area for a couple days with about a kid's beach bucket worth of water. Poured the water out into the shower stall after each use and hung it on the clothesline in the shower stall to drip dry. It was a pain in the butt for us but made DS happy as a clam. I would also consider soaping up a young toddler in the shower stall and just using a bucket to rinse off if you don't want the hassle of the inflatable tub.

I also think that shower head is detachable which should make it pretty easy. You should join or roll call for this Saturdays sailing, we have a M&G scheduled for Sunday, maybe we'll see you on board!

We were on the Jewel with my son when he was 14 months old for his first cruise and we were in a balcony room. We were on the Jewel, sister ship to the Gem.

It's been a few years so I don't remember exactly but I think the shower heads are detachable (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me). My kid was terrified of the shower head at the time, and at age 7 still hates showers. We brought a little $5 blow up pool (the family cruising board often recommends the munchkin inflatable duck tub, i had whatever was the tiniest pool I found at target) that we stuck on the balcony since it was warm out and used it as his bathtub and splash area for a couple days with about a kid's beach bucket worth of water. Poured the water out into the shower stall after each use and hung it on the clothesline in the shower stall to drip dry. It was a pain in the butt for us but made DS happy as a clam. I would also consider soaping up a young toddler in the shower stall and just using a bucket to rinse off if you don't want the hassle of the inflatable tub.

Thank you so much for the info ... My baby girl hates the shower idk what is it....

We been trying all week to get her in the shower n turning it on .... She cries...

That's a good idea for an inflatable tub I will look into it asap thank you

I also think that shower head is detachable which should make it pretty easy. You should join or roll call for this Saturdays sailing, we have a M&G scheduled for Sunday, maybe we'll see you on board!

Hope it is detachable thank you .... Hope to see you on board [emoji846]

Gem & similar NCL ships definitely have hand-held adjustable showerheads in the staterooms, including the balconies - should not be a problem.

The inflatable tub is a good idea, although one of my nieces that sailed when her baby was about 16 or 17 months old didn't take one along to use.

Edited by mking8288

If you do go the inflatable tub route, check how big they are. We bought that inflatable duck one for travel when my now 14 month old was younger, and the tub portion was a lot smaller than I was expecting. I'm not sure my kiddo would fit in it now!