Periscoping & Live Review from independence of the sea's

Our holiday starts today (Well we cruise tomorrow [emoji4]) Just got to finish off a little packing and sort out what we are taking in our hand luggage. I already know what will be in the little ones hand luggage toys toys toys toys toys [emoji23]

Really excited to be cruising with the little one this will be her first cruise ( unless we can count to one 3 years ago when she was still in mummy's belly [emoji4]) She loves the water so one of our first stops one board if the weather is good enough will be the H2O Zone.

I am currently still in bed (6.45am) but I here the little one stirring so I will get her all dressed make the wife a coffee then finish up the packing. My parents (who are also travelling with us) are coming to ours for 12.00 then we will be travelling down to Southampton. When there we will check in the hotel and then have a little look around. It would be nice if there was any cruise ships in port and we could show the little one a 'Big Boat' This is what we have been calling Indy when talking to her about the holiday. We say to her we are going on holidays, she says 'On Big Boat [emoji4])

Ok off to sort the little one out and make coffee. [emoji106]🏻

It would be nice if there was any cruise ships in port and we could show the little one a 'Big Boat' This is what we have been calling Indy when talking to her about the holiday. We say to her we are going on holidays, she says 'On Big Boat [emoji4])

Aurora is berthed at 106 today. If you go to the Mayflower park you can watch her sail at about 4:30 ish.

I take my pictures with the "Image Size" app. I then export it 800x600 and then upload to Cruise Critic. It keeps the photos from being way too big.

I've got the app, but how do I upload to CC?

We ended up eating at Harry Ramsdens, Can't beat fish and Chips [emoji106]🏻 Believe it or not we are now back at the hotel all tucked up in bed. To be fair we have been up since 6.00am.

Really excited about tomorrow. The plan is to grab breakfast then head on to the port. Once on board the first port of call will be................ The Windjammer Yum yum yum [emoji492][emoji492]

Have a great evening all [emoji4]

I've got the app, but how do I upload to CC?

With the Tapatalk or Cruise Critic app, just click the little "+" sign in the bottom left corner of a thread. Then click the picture icon at the bottom. You can then upload the re-sized photo from your phone.

Hi all. We are on day two and currently heading to Gibraltar. The weather is overcast and cold but hopefully it will pick up soon.

Day one

We had breakfast at the premier Inn then the wife decided she wanted another new top. (like she hasn't got enough already [emoji12]) After the wife's shopping we headed back to the hotel and a quick cupola then checked out.

It was a two minute drive to the docks and we parked in the Blue carpal pretty much facing the cruise terminal. As we approached the terminal at about 10.30am there was a que. We later found out the system had gone down and RC had rebooted the system. While queuing to go through the scanner the little one decided she wanted 'weeeee weeee toilet' Thank goodness for portable potties lol.

An announce the was made that we would be able to board at 12.00 which was an hour later then originally scheduled. At this point we were going to have to hang around for another hour. But there was an announcement at around 11.15 saying boarding had started yippppeeeee [emoji1]

Once on board we headed to the windjammer and I must say we found the food all good quality and the service was excellent, lots of smiling faces. Myself and my wife brought the soda package which my parents brought later on in the day.

The cabins opened up at 1.00 and hence the joy of unpacking started. Once complete whew settled the little one down for a nap and I went exploring. I have taken a few photo's which I will upload soon. The muster started at 3.45. This caused a problem because we had to wake the little up. So the muster drill had lots of crying going on. After the drill we headed back to the cabin for relaxing time.

While my wife was in cabin relaxing with the little one. I went on deck and watched us sail off. In front of us was a 'Princess' ship and behind us was 'The Queen Elizabeth' Funny thing is that ship is still about a mile behind us.

The evening meal was lovely and once again the service was excellent. I forgot to take my phone with me for pics (sorry) After dinner my wife and the little one went back to the cabin for night night time. I headed out with the parents for cocktails [emoji4].

On a side note we had a problem with the internet so headed to guest services. Once again great service and it is all sorted now. There was a huge que at guest services and there was a lady walking up and down the que trying to help. A huge amount of people in the que were removing the auto gratuities. I noticed she had around 40 cabin number on her paper with people opting out and can only assume the pages previous were the same.

I must say so far the service is excellent and we will be paying above and beyond.

I will post some pics shorty.

You can post photos directly if you use the cruise critic app on your phone??

Yes but see my post above about using the Image Size App.

It's still much easier than doing the photobucket process.

It is important to resize the photo even when using the app, as it screws up the text size. I have stopped reading cruse review threads where the photos are oversized as it is to hard to read the text.

Villain is 100% correct it is easy to resize on your phone and delete the original picture is you want. I take a different step and delete the resized photo and when I get to wifi I upload my pics to google images, delete the pictures and have more space on my phone.

With the Tapatalk or Cruise Critic app, just click the little "+" sign in the bottom left corner of a thread. Then click the picture icon at the bottom. You can then upload the re-sized photo from your phone.

is it best to resize to the largest size?

Hi all, we are currently on route to Gibraltar the sea is lovely and calm but unfortunately it is cold, just 12 degrees. Pretty much no one has ventured outside today so the Royal promenade etc has been really busy.

We had breakfast in the windjammer this morning, the food was great. We got there pretty early around 7.30am by the time we left 8.45am there were no tables left and a lot of people walking around looking for a table [emoji51].

The little one had her first adventure in the Kids club, it was all going so well until she wanted weeee weeeee but didn't tell anyone and just cried so we got the call and went and got her. We also had lunch in the Windjammer and the same situation people looking for tables. This must be because the weather is so poor and everyone is inside the ship with no one being on deck.

Tonight is the first formal evening so I will soon be heading back to the cabin to put my Tux on [emoji106]🏻

If anyone has any questions please ask. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I will continue to Scope as much as possible.

582nm left until we get to Gibraltar.

Tomorrow is another sea day. The good news is the captain has said the weather should be picking up tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to get out on deck and enjoy some sun [emoji295]️