Periscoping & Live Review from independence of the sea's

I read this yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since. How sad for the crew members.

I'm not sure this applies, since all my sailings have been (and likely will be) U.S. based itineraries, but I just wanted to point out that sometimes there are other reasons for removing the auto-tipping from your folio statement. I ALWAYS have the auto-tipping removed because I prefer the personal touch of being able to present my gratuity to each crew member personally, along with a short note thanking them for their service and pointing out something specific they did that made my vacation special. I think that personal contact of gratitude gives them a good feeling, and maybe even motivates them to continue giving great customer service.

Pie Shop.

I have taken a few pics of the Pie Shop but I wasn't allowed to go in and take. Pic of the menu so I zoomed from outside.

[ATTACH]385534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]385535[/ATTACH][ATTACH]385536[/ATTACH][ATTACH]385537[/ATTACH][ATTACH]385538[/ATTACH]

I will try to take a better pic of menu.

That's strange that they would not let you. Go back later with a different crew member is working and snap one before they can say no and then run. It's not like it ship sensitive to the ship's security. :D

We stopped in Gibraltar today. We did not get off the ship as we have been to Gibraltar before but a fair few people did. We docked next to P&O ship Arcadia. Although Arcadia is bid Indy still looked huge next to it.

We had a lot of sunshine today which was great but the breeze/wind was pretty strong on occasions. The little one had a great time in the H2O zone. It was pretty quiet in the morning (cause a lot of passengers were off the ship) but the whole off the pool deck was busy during the afternoon.

We had breakfast and lunch in the windjammer and evening meal in the dining room. I have to say the portions in the main dining room don't seem as big as a couple of years back and the quality of meat is a little below bar (but not all the time) The strange thing is the food in the Windjammer seems slightly better. But I must say the service is excellent especially in the main dining room. Our waitress and assistant are both EXCELLENT!!

After the evening meal we had a quick drink in the pyramid lounge then headed back for a early night.

Forgot to say we also played golf on the top deck today which was fun and the flow rider was also on but not many people having a go.

It is a sea day tomorrow so hopefully we will have good weather, We are now heading for Barcelona.

I didn't get chance to scope today but hopefully I will do a scope tomorrow.

I'm not sure this applies, since all my sailings have been (and likely will be) U.S. based itineraries, but I just wanted to point out that sometimes there are other reasons for removing the auto-tipping from your folio statement. I ALWAYS have the auto-tipping removed because I prefer the personal touch of being able to present my gratuity to each crew member personally, along with a short note thanking them for their service and pointing out something specific they did that made my vacation special. I think that personal contact of gratitude gives them a good feeling, and maybe even motivates them to continue giving great customer service.

Except that since you removed auto-grats they will have to hand in your tip to the pool or risk disciplinary action. Their supervisors will also question their service and work as you removed auto-grats.

They probably don't feel as special as you think.

Except that since you removed auto-grats they will have to hand in your tip to the pool or risk disciplinary action. Their supervisors will also question their service and work as you removed auto-grats.

They probably don't feel as special as you think.

At the end of the cruise when you're given the envelope to give a tip to someone you think has done an exceptional job, does that money not go straight to them? Does it have to be put into a pool?

Nice scope Simon, looks like you have some weather in the distance.

Hi Clarea. Thank you. Since leaving Southampton today was the really good weather we have had. It was sunny from about 1.00pm till sunset..It was nice to get out on deck and not be freezing lol.

Barcelona tomorrow. Fingers crossed for sunshine [emoji4]

Today was a sea day. The weather was excellent this afternoon which was excellent. The little one managed to get into the H2O Zone twice today yayyyyyy.

We ate all of our meals in the windjammer today. I was a little surprised this evening to find the windjammer pretty full. It seems quite a lot of people are choosing the windjammer over the main dining rooms. I must admit the food does seem better in the windjammer and I have noticed the portions in the main dining room are tiny. But in both rooms the service/staff are outstanding. In fact I feel the standard of service is better then when we were last on board 2 years ago.

I know a couple of people asked about 'The Pie Shop' and I have posted a couple of pics. The funny thing is if RC thought it was a good idea to have a Pie Shop on board for the Brits it ain't working. To date I have not seen one person buy a pie.

NEWS : We have been told by a crew member that next year there will be a Japanese restaurant on board Indy. This is because they are so popular on other RC ships. BTW this might not be breaking news but it was to me.

One slight crumble. Although the staff/crew are amazing there is a small amount of guests who are sooooo rude. LIFT GATE... Do they not realise we are all waiting for a lift but choose to sprint in front of everyone to get in there. Then once they leave the lift they can hardly walk again.. Hmmmmmmm. Anyhow moan over lol [emoji12][emoji12]

We possible I will continue to periscope. ID Simonuk103

Take care all

At the end of the cruise when you're given the envelope to give a tip to someone you think has done an exceptional job, does that money not go straight to them? Does it have to be put into a pool?

Hi Melissa.

Depends if you've removed auto-grats or not.

To be safe we NEVER remove auto-grats and we tip extra in our own envelopes, not the cruise lines.

Hi Melissa.

Depends if you've removed auto-grats or not.

To be safe we NEVER remove auto-grats and we tip extra in our own envelopes, not the cruise lines.

We always keep our auto grats on and then tip the room attendant extra because so far our room attendants have been fantastic :-)

Hi really enjoying reading your posts as we are going on the Indy in sept for our very first cruise

Would it be possible to let me know how much we would expect to pay for a bottle of larger,glass of rose, a cocktail and a vodka and lemonade

Trying to work out if a drinks package would be worth it

Cheers

Donna