Booked and so excited about to wet myself

LOL - sorry to be so crass.

This is a VERY important cruise for us. Back in 2007, I had an AMAZING B2B booked and mostly planned. Then my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We cancelled that cruise and went about chemo/radiation. DH got well and we went on with life. We've been on many cruises since then but the B2B remained on our list. The time never seem to mesh with our schedules.

Well I just got off the phone and booked a B2B for next summer - 2017. That year will mark 10 yrs cancer-free and for his type of cancer, he is considered cured (Hodgkin Lymphoma). So, not only is it a dream cruise, I consider it a gigantic FU to cancer (which l like to FU any chance I get).

I snagged a wonderful family ocean view where one of the bedrooms has a door (we adore DH but he snores like there is no tomorrow and the girls and I have trouble sleeping w/o earplugs). So we can kiss him goodnight and soundproof his slumber, LOL. He's a good sport and our 5 yr old promised him he could sleep with one of the towel animals.

Okay, enough rambling. I'm just so darned excited.

LOL - sorry to be so crass.

This is a VERY important cruise for us. Back in 2007, I had an AMAZING B2B booked and mostly planned. Then my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We cancelled that cruise and went about chemo/radiation. DH got well and we went on with life. We've been on many cruises since then but the B2B remained on our list. The time never seem to mesh with our schedules.

Well I just got off the phone and booked a B2B for next summer - 2017. That year will mark 10 yrs cancer-free and for his type of cancer, he is considered cured (Hodgkin Lymphoma). So, not only is it a dream cruise, I consider it a gigantic FU to cancer (which l like to FU any chance I get).

I snagged a wonderful family ocean view where one of the bedrooms has a door (we adore DH but he snores like there is no tomorrow and the girls and I have trouble sleeping w/o earplugs). So we can kiss him goodnight and soundproof his slumber, LOL. He's a good sport and our 5 yr old promised him he could sleep with one of the towel animals.

Okay, enough rambling. I'm just so darned excited.

AS YOU SHOULD BE!!!!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!! CONGRATS to you both & YES FU CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Congrats!! So great to hear success stories. My hubby just finished his first go round of radiation & chemo 2 weeks ago, so it does my heart wonders to hear good stories!!

Again Congrats and Enjoy yourselves ;)

YES!!!! Enjoy that cruise!!!

I just walked the w/ my 17 month old baby niece in a Walk for the Cure campaign. She's cancer free 2 months. YEAH!!! Can't wait to hear 10 years for her!!!

Alright.....2 things here......

1. The title of this thread made me laugh out loud. Yeah, not the over used LOL...but I actually laughed out loud and my kids looked over at me and were wondering what I was looking at. Too funny.

2. Enjoy the trip. Sounds like even if the cruise was horrible, it would still be great for you two as it kind of resets things after that very difficult time. Great news....enjoy!