Carnival Liberty - THRUSTERS

b8nkr

We are set for the May 21 sailing next week. I have been following the other threads about the situation with the thrusters. Can anyone give any information as to when Carnival is supposed to have the thrusters fixed? Are they working on them while docked??? What are they doing to fix them and any ETA of when this will be?

We are set for the May 21 sailing next week. I have been following the other threads about the situation with the thrusters. Can anyone give any information as to when Carnival is supposed to have the thrusters fixed? Are they working on them while docked??? What are they doing to fix them and any ETA of when this will be?

You will probably not get specific information, but like the other poster said, they probably working on it a little at a time. Might have to wait for a part, etc.

The tugs will do the job for now, it only needs help parking.

Just so you know Carnival Liberty bow thruster is not working and hasn't been for many weeks. (I just got back from my cruise). I don't know when they are planning to fix them or if they will. For now they are relaying on tug boats to get you out or into a port but most people are NOT getting to go to both port of call because of these thrusters not work correctly. They said the winds were too strong for the tug boats to get us out of Progresso and so we didn't get to go to Cozumel. They will give you onboard credit to spend with them but I really am disappointed to see they are not fixing their ship. Carnival is really going downhill in service too.

Just so you know Carnival Liberty bow thruster is not working and hasn't been for many weeks. (I just got back from my cruise). I don't know when they are planning to fix them or if they will. For now they are relaying on tug boats to get you out or into a port but most people are NOT getting to go to both port of call because of these thrusters not work correctly. They said the winds were too strong for the tug boats to get us out of Progresso and so we didn't get to go to Cozumel. They will give you onboard credit to spend with them but I really am disappointed to see they are not fixing their ship. Carnival is really going downhill in service too.

ONE of three bow thrusters is not working. Cruise ships miss ports all the time due to weather. So, what do you expect, that they just drive the ship to Jiffy Lube and raise it up on a lift to fix the thruster? How do you know they aren't fixing the ship, are you talking to the ship's engineers? Do you really expect that they are never going to fix this? Please. I understand your frustration in missing a port, but get real and learn something about ships.

ONE of three bow thrusters is not working. Cruise ships miss ports all the time due to weather. So, what do you expect, that they just drive the ship to Jiffy Lube and raise it up on a lift to fix the thruster? How do you know they aren't fixing the ship, are you talking to the ship's engineers? Do you really expect that they are never going to fix this? Please. I understand your frustration in missing a port, but get real and learn something about ships.

Thank you:D My God, enough is enough about thrusters. Ports are missed all the time. Carnival is doing it's best to keep the cruises going with some tugboat help.

Boy, Chief, I could have written that!:D

They made it to Cozumel today, yes they did use tugs, but they were in Cozumel.

Boy, Chief, I could have written that!:D

Sorry for that, just a little grumpy yesterday. Apologies to all for the tone, but not the content. Way too many people making uninformed assumptions about how ships operate.

Sorry for that, just a little grumpy yesterday. Apologies to all for the tone, but not the content. Way too many people making uninformed assumptions about how ships operate.

No need to apologize! I like it when you say something feisty, like I might. Sometimes you just need to hit the nail, er, rivet on the head. It does get frustrating at times around here with so much false assumptions and ignorance.