Carnival Ecstacy

arubagirl07

This is a girls trip with my mother and adult daughter. Here are my questions:

1) Is it best to arrive at port around 10:30 a.m.? Or, do you have another suggestion. (We have FTTF)

2) Are there secret decks on this ship and if so how do we get to them?

3) Best place/deck for sunbathing and is like the Sunshine and you have to get out early for a chair?

4) Best place for lunch on embarkation day?

5) For handicapped parking, is this in a different location than the building and is it still free?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!! :)

This is a girls trip with my mother and adult daughter. Here are my questions:

1) Is it best to arrive at port around 10:30 a.m.? Or, do you have another suggestion. (We have FTTF)

2) Are there secret decks on this ship and if so how do we get to them?

3) Best place/deck for sunbathing and is like the Sunshine and you have to get out early for a chair?

4) Best place for lunch on embarkation day?

5) For handicapped parking, is this in a different location than the building and is it still free?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!! :)

I'm not much help, as I haven't cruised on Ecstasy in years. BUT, I can tell you about the Charleston port parking (I have friends who work at the port). Handicap parking does have its own area, and it's indoors. BUT, if you get there later, and they're out of space in the building, you may have to park outside. It's still free, and the port is still locked. They still bring the handicap shuttle to your car to pick you up.

Also, they do make sure that the person to whom the handicap tag is issued is in the car. Apparently, people try to use other folks tags just to avoid paying for parking. :(

Hope other folks can chime in and help you with the rest.

10:30 would be a good time to get to the port. You may have to wait for them to open the gates but you'll be near the beginning of the line.

Lido is your only option for embarkation day. since you have FTTF, drop off your carry ons and head on up. It won't be too crowded yet.

Lido is great for sunbathing but like on all ships, you have to get there early to get a seat. Serenity is a quieter alternative to Lido.

I'm not sure about the secret decks but enjoyed the sun deck for morning walks.

10:30 would be a good time to get to the port. You may have to wait for them to open the gates but you'll be near the beginning of the line.

When you say wait for them to open the gates; are the gates on the street, or do you drive off the street an pull up in line to the gate?

Or, is a line of cars forming on the street waiting to get in? How long does the line get? Blocks long if you wait much later?

And, this is to drop the luggage off first, before heading to the parking - correct?

I took my mom & sister on the Ecstasy a few years ago out of Canaveral so I can't comment on the port. However, we got on board quickly with FTTF and had lunch on Lido. It wasn't too crowded when we ate. We didn't have any trouble finding chairs on Lido by the WaterWorks. We sat there everyday and usually didn't go under after lunch. Have fun!!

When you say wait for them to open the gates; are the gates on the street, or do you drive off the street an pull up in line to the gate?

Or, is a line of cars forming on the street waiting to get in? How long does the line get? Blocks long if you wait much later?

And, this is to drop the luggage off first, before heading to the parking - correct?

The gates are to the parking area and they're accessed directly from the street. If the gates aren't open, you get in line on the street. Sometimes they'll let you in to drop off your luggage and then route you back onto the street. One time we had to circle the area a few times as the line was too long. We got lucky and we're passing the gate when it opened and they flagged us in with the line! Once the gates are open, it doesn't usually back up onto the street. It's a huge area that they use and it's quite a maze of yellow cones and stops for various things.

Remember to put your luggage tags on. If you wait to put them on at drop off, you block the entire lane and it causes back ups.

You mentioned the gates being closed and not allowing people to come in to park. What about if you're taking an Uber, do they allow Uber/Taxi drop offs earlier or do they have to wait in line also?

(Sorry to leach on to your thread OP)

You mentioned the gates being closed and not allowing people to come in to park. What about if you're taking an Uber, do they allow Uber/Taxi drop offs earlier or do they have to wait in line also?

(Sorry to leach on to your thread OP)

Uber/taxis drop off on Concord Street across from the Customs building. There is a parking lot & usually a big white tent set up where they take your luggage & have seats, water, etc. to wait for the shuttles to start running.

Uber/taxis drop off on Concord Street across from the Customs building. There is a parking lot & usually a big white tent set up where they take your luggage & have seats, water, etc. to wait for the shuttles to start running.

Awesome, thank yoU!