20% off drink packages

So I've already purchased my families drink packages but now they are on sale. In order to save the 80 dollars I must cancel my original purchase and repurchase with the new discount. My question is how quickly are they at getting the refunded amount back on my card? I always get a sick feeling when I do something like this and have a refund taking forever to get into my credit card account.

So I've already purchased my families drink packages but now they are on sale. In order to save the 80 dollars I must cancel my original purchase and repurchase with the new discount. My question is how quickly are they at getting the refunded amount back on my card? I always get a sick feeling when I do something like this and have a refund taking forever to get into my credit card account.

Where is it shown they are 20% off? I will happily cancel and reorder!

Yes, I just did it. Thanks to everyone. Not a huge savings, but I'll take the $33 back with no problem. On the phone, they told me 3-5 business days for refund to show up on my card. Last year, I did the same thing (I forget what happened - oh that's right, the price was reduced ever so slightly) and it didn't take long at all for the credit to show up (I was worried because by then, my credit card had given me a whole new number and I thought FOR CERTAIN it would get messy, but it did not).

I tried to talk them into just giving the the difference as credit on board but they couldn't do it. It would make good sense though to offer it. I'd be more likely to spend it if it was a credit as opposed to just getting my money back. They would ultimately win with the credit option.

Before you go to much trouble price things out to calculate the real savings, it may only be 2/day less for premium package. The 20% may be off of hypothetical future onboard prices, not the current online pre purchase rate you have booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Before you go to much trouble price things out to calculate the real savings, it may only be 2/day less for premium package. The 20% may be off of hypothetical future onboard prices, not the current online preh purchase rate you have booked.

I did. The savings would be 80 bucks

Also the VOOM hi speed internet access is on sale. I just checked my planner and there's little print that indicates sales will not be offered on board (although I do remember buying 1 device, get 1 free or something like that last year). I bought it because it was about the same price of what I paid last year. My sailing isn't for another 211 days, but I like having all my ducks in a row.

I did the low end voom because it was on sale and much cheaper than the price for the regular slow internet. I only need to check an email or two and use an app for texting so it was a win for me.

Edited by Ryansdaddy
Misspelling

When I canceled the drink package for DH, the message said it would take one to two billing cycles for the refund to appear. I was disappointed to read that, but had already canceled by that point. However, RCCL issued the refund the following day and it posted to my credit card a day or so after that. Very pleased! :)

I want to take advantage of the sale but my in laws bought out drink packages (the soda package). When I called I can't upgrade to a drink package without canceling first purchase. Kinda sucks for me cause if I could just upgrade with what was paid already deducted it would be great but since they can't it doesn't come out cheaper for me to pay the whole thing even with the sale as to wait and upgrade on board.

Before you go to much trouble price things out to calculate the real savings, it may only be 2/day less for premium package. The 20% may be off of hypothetical future onboard prices, not the current online pre purchase rate you have booked.

I agree. For my cruises they jacked the prices and then did 20% off. I would save a total of $1.56 to buy with the 20% off. NOT!!! Just another Royal game to make people think they are saving something when they are not.