Question about internet pricing and devices

We'll be on Allure this summer and just noticed that they are advertising a sale on internet pricing if you pre-buy. I haven't looked up "regular" pricing--is this any better or is it sort of like the drink package "sale" that didn't actually look to be a savings?

Also, if we sign up for one device, does that mean one device at a time or can you only use it with one particular device? Wondering if my kids can share the plan as long as they log out when done and don't use the devices at the same time?

Thanks!

The internet sale does seem to be a reduced price compared to onboard purchase. The only exception is if you have a significant C&A discount, then it seems you can do better on board if the cruise is long enough.

You can use any number of different devices, but only one (or whatever number package you purchase) can be logged in at a time.

Thank you! How would I check on my C&A discount ahead of time? I doubt we are high enough to make a difference, but I should probably check before I buy it ahead of time.

What will your C&A level be at the time of the cruise?

Just got off the Oasis. We purchased the slower internet package and found it pretty fast. Also the key to sharing is the device has to be logged off before turning off the wifi to change to a different device.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time I checked, Gold got a 10% discount, so you would be better off with the 20% pre-cruise discount.

Do you happen to know the Diamond discount?? I like to keep in touch with family members and we also print our boarding passes. Thanks for your help.

Carol

Do you happen to know the Diamond discount?? I like to keep in touch with family members and we also print our boarding passes. Thanks for your help.

Carol

It used to be $40 or one free 24-hour period of unlimited internet. Not sure if that has changed.

Onboard Adventure right now...the pre-purchase internet offer you're seeing is the best price....regardless of C&A level !!! I've spoken to guest services, concierge and loyalty ambassador...So glad I pre-purchased my Surf one device option at $63.63 for my week cruise. I also pre-purchased for my 2nd week (B2B) and could have cancelled once onboard if I would have found this to be cheaper once onboard...it wasn't.

Onboard Adventure right now...the pre-purchase internet offer you're seeing is the best price....regardless of C&A level !!! I've spoken to guest services, concierge and loyalty ambassador...So glad I pre-purchased my Surf one device option at $63.63 for my week cruise. I also pre-purchased for my 2nd week (B2B) and could have cancelled once onboard if I would have found this to be cheaper once onboard...it wasn't.

I don't have any devices I just want to be able to use the internet daily to keep in touch with our family. Would you be able to find out the cost for Diamond members with just plain internet minutes?? We will be on the Adventurer in August. Thanks for you help (if you can).

Carol

I don't have any devices I just want to be able to use the internet daily to keep in touch with our family. Would you be able to find out the cost for Diamond members with just plain internet minutes?? We will be on the Adventurer in August. Thanks for you help (if you can).

Carol

The cruise line no longer sells internet by the minute. The least you can purchase is one 24-hour period. Last I saw, that was around $20. However, if you buy more than one day, the price per day does go down. I've seen it around $13 per day, when not on sale. If you purchase pre-cruise, it can be as low as $10 per day.

The cruise line no longer sells internet by the minute. The least you can purchase is one 24-hour period. Last I saw, that was around $20. However, if you buy more than one day, the price per day does go down. I've seen it around $13 per day, when not on sale. If you purchase pre-cruise, it can be as low as $10 per day.

Bob you are so informative thank you:) I'll have to talk to our son and his wife to see if they are bringing a "device" (life use to be so simple). Do you know if Diamond discount would apply to this 30%?? I'm really confused(can you tell?)

Thanks,

Carol

Bob you are so informative thank you:) I'll have to talk to our son and his wife to see if they are bringing a "device" (life use to be so simple). Do you know if Diamond discount would apply to this 30%?? I'm really confused(can you tell?)

Thanks,

Carol

The Diamond discount would not apply to any package purchased pre-cruise.

Note also that you don't have to bring a device, you can still use the guest computers provided on the ship. However you would still need to purchase an internet package to use the guest computers.

It's cheaper for me to use my phone in port (I have access to an amazing international data plan) so for my 3 days, I could use my Diamond discount for 1 day and buy 2 one day passes for the other sea days. That should keep my internet charges to less than $60.