Explorer virtual balcony cabins?

I've booked an inside virtual balcony cabin for our future Explorer cruise. This will be our first inside cabin. Just wondering if anyone on this board has given this new type of cabin a try. If so, how did you like it?

Thanks for any feedback!

We booked a guarantee on Explorer last year and was allocated a virtual balcony cabin. We had previously stayed in normal interiors and a balcony cabin.

We loved the feel of extra space that the screen gave us. It was good to be able to see outside and check the weather. The only downside was the screen gave off quite a bit of heat! We drew the curtain over the screen at night so it was dark and then we could draw it back in the morning to see what awaited us outside. I would definitely have a virtual balcony cabin again :)

We booked a guarantee on Explorer last year and was allocated a virtual balcony cabin. We had previously stayed in normal interiors and a balcony cabin.

We loved the feel of extra space that the screen gave us. It was good to be able to see outside and check the weather. The only downside was the screen gave off quite a bit of heat! We drew the curtain over the screen at night so it was dark and then we could draw it back in the morning to see what awaited us outside. I would definitely have a virtual balcony cabin again :)

Thank you! I was wondering what the options were at night, closing drapes or an 'off' button. Didn't even think about that large of a screen throwing off heat. Actually, can't wait to experience this type of cabin.

Appreciate your reply.

Thank you! I was wondering what the options were at night, closing drapes or an 'off' button. Didn't even think about that large of a screen throwing off heat. Actually, can't wait to experience this type of cabin.

Appreciate your reply.

You can turn the screen on or off as required with a small remote control in your cabin. As previous cruisers have stated it was good to be able to see outside of a morning and see what the weather was doing and if we had docked. We found it a little disconcerting the first day but soon got used to it and really enjoyed it would definitely have one again.