What is "Room Upgrade Sale"

Sabalon

We're looking at a cruise, and there is the generic pick your room for one price, and then for $25 more, they have a "Room Upgrades Sale"

It says "Free room location upgrade" , sale ends may 15th.

But you still choose your own rooms and they are the same rooms from the MORE=MERRIER

Same thing with the "FUN SELECT" option - it says 2 category upgrade, but again, you pick the same rooms.

Could someone offer some enlightenment?

Thanks!

The upgrade refers to location. For example all balcony staterooms (except coves) are 8's. The letter following will indicate a "better room" So lets say an 8A is deck six aft and 8B is deck six middle. Then 8B will be deck 7 aft and 8C will be deck 7 middle. So a two category upgrade would be from deck six aft to deck 7 midship. Is that clear as mud?

So even though I'm picking my room, they'll put me in a better one - so if I booked steerage class (hello interior riviera), I may end up on main deck instead if riviera deck - for an extra $100 (4 in the room). Or I could just upgrade while booking for $0.80/day/person.

Yeah...rooms are for sleeping, don't need fancy! I say that now, but will be cursing it after hitting the uppers a few times with my head!

I'm thinking part of the issue is the ship seems to be pretty much booked up already so there isn't much room to upgrade to! Which means I better get my cabin before I have to explain to the wife and kids that we're not going!