Avis Rental cars (Juneau and Skagway) Coupons?

straychicken

Are there any coupons or discount codes that work for Avis in Juneau or Skagway?

I think the answer is probably no, but wanted to be sure. The price I have reserved for Juneau is $113 and the Skagway is $165 (both with taxes). I will keep looking and rebook if the price drops. Even at these prices, the car rental will be cheaper than booking most excursions for our family of four. We are in Juneau on June 22 and Skagway on June 23.

Are there any coupons or discount codes that work for Avis in Juneau or Skagway?

I think the answer is probably no, but wanted to be sure. The price I have reserved for Juneau is $113 and the Skagway is $165 (both with taxes). I will keep looking and rebook if the price drops. Even at these prices, the car rental will be cheaper than booking most excursions for our family of four. We are in Juneau on June 22 and Skagway on June 23.

In Skagway to get the best use of the car you'll need a passport to cross into and from Canada .Nexus or passport card is accepted by Canada Customs at Fraser. An Enhanced Drivers license might work but no guarantees.

I used this coupon code at Skagway Avis last Fall to get a rate of $99 plus tax for this summer's rental:

Avis coupon code for Skagway:

W046000

Not sure if it will still work, but doesn't hurt to try.

Iowa Farmer

I used this coupon code at Skagway Avis last Fall to get a rate of $99 plus tax for this summer's rental:

Avis coupon code for Skagway:

W046000

Not sure if it will still work, but doesn't hurt to try.

Iowa Farmer

Sorry, unless you are travel industry employee, you are NOT entitled to use this code. In the past, you have to show ID and there have been rerating at pickup. I know this information first hand.

Perhaps we will get rerated or get to keep the quoted/reserved price. Either way, it will be a great drive.

Just a warning, that the closer you come to your cruise date, car rentals increase drastically. So if you get re-rated at the Avis office, it won't be for the rate you see now, it will be for the rate at that time.

I guess we are lucky. If I can get to the airport, I can use my company's contracted rate which is $47 all in for the day on an economy. How hard is it to get to the airport from the cruise docks? How much would a taxi be?

Thanks for the idea. I will check mine. We are using my companies leisure rate for our minivan rental in ANC for $57 per day. I would be interested in knowing the taxi fare to the airport in Juneau.

Figure $30 one way, in Juneau.

Edited by Budget Queen

In Juneau there is also an express airport bus, but you have to hit the time right and get on at either the Archives or Federal building. Be there by 10 before an hour to have a cushion. exact change of $2pp