Carnival Glory <> June 11th, 2016

SullyFL300

:)

Wife and I will be sailing on another wonderful Carnival cruise on June 11th, 2016. This will be my 22nd Carnival Cruise and I am wondering:

(1) Who is the cruise director

(2) What are the movies being played.....especially on the seaside theatre.

Wife and I booked a back corner, wrap around balony Room 7440 :-)

Brian

:)

Wife and I will be sailing on another wonderful Carnival cruise on June 11th, 2016. This will be my 22nd Carnival Cruise and I am wondering:

(1) Who is the cruise director

(2) What are the movies being played.....especially on the seaside theatre.

Wife and I booked a back corner, wrap around balony Room 7440 :-)

Brian

For someone who has never sailed on a Carnival ship can you tell me specifically what are the reasons that you stick with Carnival? If you have traveled on other lines, how does Carnival compare? Can I ask what your age is?

For someone who has never sailed on a Carnival ship can you tell me specifically what are the reasons that you stick with Carnival? If you have traveled on other lines, how does Carnival compare? Can I ask what your age is?

I'm 45. And the reason is pretty much price. For a family of 4 it is a huge difference. And even though I don't want to be on a ship with 5400 people, I would love to go on one of the Oasis class RCI ships. NCL looks to be a little more affordable.

So perhaps some of it is we've only been on Carnival, so don't know what we're missing!

I'm 45. And the reason is pretty much price. For a family of 4 it is a huge difference. And even though I don't want to be on a ship with 5400 people, I would love to go on one of the Oasis class RCI ships. NCL looks to be a little more affordable.

So perhaps some of it is we've only been on Carnival, so don't know what we're missing!

I'm wondering if that may be the main reason why so many people choose Carnival. Price. I'm aware that Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, and even Royal Caribbean seem to be quite a bit more in price than Carnival. Sometimes nearly double. Norwegian looks that they are, for the most part, reasonable. Also, NCL gives a lot of free offers most of the time. I would imagine that, even with the lower prices, people would not use Carnival if they were not half way decent. We've traveled with Celebrity and Holland America which cater to the older crowd and do not cater to kids. I've always read that Carnival is somewhat of a party line and also caters to kids. However, am not sure if that is all that correct since quite a few older folks use Carnival

Hello Florida Storm.....

In response to your question. I am 50 years old and my wife is 49. I started sailing with Carnival when I was 27-28 years old. My very 1st cruise was on Princess Cruise Line--ship Crown Princess. I was hooked after that cruise and things sure has changed since then.

But as a few fellow cruisers has stated, P-R-I-C-E is the #1 reason why I am with Carnival. Now, as I said, I have been on Princess, been on 2 RCL cruises and one Celebrity Cruise line. Celebrity was the costs the most. Very into service and very good food. Much older crowd. Entertainment lacked.

RCL was probably the nicest looking ship. Cheaper than Celebrity but more than Carnival. Service and entertainment the same as Carnival.

So why Carnival. Again, price and in my earlier years, it mattered. I recall, when a Carnival left the port of Miami, Kathy Lee Gifford was the spokesperson and they would play her song over the intercom and we threw streamers overboard. Always got a deck of cards in your cabin, along with pens & pad of paper w/ Carnival logo. Flaming Alaska was brought to your table with the flame going ( now a safety issue). So I just stayed with Carnival throughout my cruising years and I am now a Platinum Carnival Cruiser. You get little perks with the biggest one being, don't have to stand in the loooong Disney-like lines to board the ship. We go to a Diamond/ Platinum Room and are on the ship in like 10-20 minutes. Other little perks, which we don't use because my wife and I are not drinkers (not the party couple).

My wife has only cruised Carnival. Oasis of the Seas (RCL) is a massive ship that is actually too big. In my opinion, BIGGER is not better. I was not much of a fan of Carnival Breeze because it is too big. Carnival Glory size ship is the nice size. Love the stadium levels on the pool deck, especially for SeaTheatre ( movie night).

We have booked Room 7440 (back corner balcony) and one thing that is catching on with cruising is people are decorating their cabin doors. As long as it is tasteful, it is allowed and make sure you take it down when you leave because the room stewarts have enough to do to get the room s ready for the next guests

Anymore questions?

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Take good care of that cabin! I have it right after you on the next sailing :D

Hey Jayfo....

One more week for my wife & I......2 more weeks for you.

Don't worry about the room, we are not party people.

I'm wondering if that may be the main reason why so many people choose Carnival. Price. I'm aware that Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, and even Royal Caribbean seem to be quite a bit more in price than Carnival. Sometimes nearly double. Norwegian looks that they are, for the most part, reasonable. Also, NCL gives a lot of free offers most of the time. I would imagine that, even with the lower prices, people would not use Carnival if they were not half way decent. We've traveled with Celebrity and Holland America which cater to the older crowd and do not cater to kids. I've always read that Carnival is somewhat of a party line and also caters to kids. However, am not sure if that is all that correct since quite a few older folks use Carnival

I will jump in here because we usually sail Carnival, but just got off a wonderful 19 day Holland America cruise. We have sailed one Royal Caribbean. We are older (50ish-60ish) but young at heart & pretty active. Yes, we chose CCl in the beginning because of lower fares, but found we like the active ship experience, food & entertainment are good. I know their image is the "party ship" but it isn't really like that on longer sailings (7+days.) Holland is a bit higher class & yes they seem to cater to an older demographic. I personally was worried about their "older" image, but it was never an issue. With Carnival you can be as active or as relaxed as you choose. There are quiet places on board & plenty of activities to keep you busy if you wish.