Hotel Help - Port Canaveral

SthrnCruiser

I am looking at these two for our stay the night before we leave out. I am looking for clean and safe. I know there are other options but they are either sold out or more than we really want to spend.

Days In Cocoa Cruise Port West - Option to stay and park there. Is it clean? Is it in a safe area you feel comfortable leaving your car for a week?

Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center - Would have to drive to the port and according to mapquest, it's about 25 mins. Is it clean? Is it a chance of getting congested driving to the port?

Thanks for your in put.

The QI is on 95 ... no where near the beach. There is some eating nearby but think the standard cluster of chain places at an exit ... not the "beach side" places you might have access to closer to the port. PC is in a small town ... there is "never" a lot of traffic by city standards.

The Days Inn .... is well, a Days Inn, miles from the port and the beach and I would not leave MY car there while on a cruise. Not necessarily a crime area, but in the boonies so any kids walking by . . . [this is trailer park country]

If your choice is tween the two I'd pick the QI

BUT, expand your search is my recommendation. Look around exit 191 of 95 aka Viera. There is a Holiday Express, Hampton Inn and a La Quinta .... with a lot of places to eat close by at 'The Avenues' ... an upscale mall. Via 95 you are 30 minutes from the port.

my 2 cents . . . I've lived in the port/Melbourne area for 9 years

In ANY case, I would consider one of the nearby (to the port) off-site parking places like Park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral. Safer and cost 1/2 what the port charges and 10 minutes from the port with free shuttle when you get back

Edited by Capt_BJ

I am looking at these two for our stay the night before we leave out. I am looking for clean and safe. I know there are other options but they are either sold out or more than we really want to spend.

Days In Cocoa Cruise Port West - Option to stay and park there. Is it clean? Is it in a safe area you feel comfortable leaving your car for a week?

Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center - Would have to drive to the port and according to mapquest, it's about 25 mins. Is it clean? Is it a chance of getting congested driving to the port?

Thanks for your in put.

As you know these are typical I-95 hotels and I would be worried about leaving my vehicle because there is no gated parking for vehicles.

However, and perhaps you know this already, both hotels are 40% discount partners with the Port where you can park ship side!

Traffic is not an issue.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Look around exit 191 of 95 aka Viera.

Would that be north or south of the port (Titusville or Melbourne or elsewhere)? We will be driving down and will be coming from GA.

In ANY case, I would consider one of the nearby (to the port) off-site parking places like Park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral.

I am considering that as well. If we went with QI,that would be our option.

As far is it being near beaches, we aren't too concerned about that. We most likely won't be getting in until close to 5-6pm and will really just need a place that is clean and safe for our family to stay. If we were coming in on Fri as I had originally wanted, I'd be probably be more picky as far as amenities.

Edited by SthrnCruiser

The QI is on 95 ... no where near the beach. There is some eating nearby but think the standard cluster of chain places at an exit ... not the "beach side" places you might have access to closer to the port. PC is in a small town ... there is "never" a lot of traffic by city standards.

The Days Inn .... is well, a Days Inn, miles from the port and the beach and I would not leave MY car there while on a cruise. Not necessarily a crime area, but in the boonies so any kids walking by . . . [this is trailer park country]

If your choice is tween the two I'd pick the QI

BUT, expand your search is my recommendation. Look around exit 191 of 95 aka Viera. There is a Holiday Express, Hampton Inn and a La Quinta .... with a lot of places to eat close by at 'The Avenues' ... an upscale mall. Via 95 you are 30 minutes from the port.

my 2 cents . . . I've lived in the port/Melbourne area for 9 years

In ANY case, I would consider one of the nearby (to the port) off-site parking places like Park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral. Safer and cost 1/2 what the port charges and 10 minutes from the port with free shuttle when you get back

Viera is gorgeous, if booking a hotel there and you have kids then the Melbourne Zoo is a great attraction.

The plus to being at Quality Inn in Titusville is that its near Kennedy Space Center, and the space program has expanded a lot recently so its a pretty cool place to visit. It's peaceful in Titusville, but not many places to eat or attractions to visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Port Canaveral has a parking voucher program. If you stay at certain hotels you get 40% off your parking at the port.

There is a Days Inn Cocoa Beach that is pretty reasonable and by staying there you can get a voucher from them for the discounted port parking. This one is on North Atlantic Avenue and is only about 3 miles from the port.