Fun factory parent phones or pagers for shipmates

kcam7

Hi,

I've looked through numerous threads and can't seem to find a real answer.

We will be onboard the solstice in October and we have a 3yo who will spend some time in the kids club, will they give us a phone or pager in case they need to contact us.

We were given a phone on RCCL which was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by kcam7

No, they do not have phones. They did have a few pagers, but they were reserved for children with allergies or other health issues. When you sign your 3 year old in, they ask on the sheet where you will be. This way they can look for you. In the past I would put something like specific lounge/show. If we changed our plans my husband would just change it on the sheet. You can ask about the pagers, but they were reserved on our past three cruises for those with food allergies or special needs. You can always stop by anytime and check in to see if your child is having fun. We have been doing the fun factory since ages 3 and 4. We always have had to drag our kids out. But we look at the sheets and they pick activities that interest them, so they are not in there all the time.

Just off the Summit. Our 2 grandkids( ages 5 and 9) loved the Fun Factory. Their parents were given a pager. They were paged a few times. Great system.

It might depend on how many kids they have on board. This is a quiet time now since most kids are in school. We had a pager on the Summit, but were told it was for our daughter's food allergy. We were told they only give them for special needs or food allergies. They were telling others no. We did not have one on the Reflection. We were told they were saved for the above (our daughter outgrew the allergies we were concerned about). We do travel during summer or spring break time, where there are a lot of kids.