Guarantee cabin change? Possible?

joeb49

Has anyone ever asked Carnival to change an assigned guarantee cabin- and had them do it???

Booked a guarantee 8A on the Miracle and got assigned an 8B (upper deck) cabin (5138) which is pushed back from all the other balconies. Looked like its inside the ship more than outside!! lol!

Carnival site still has 3 cabins listed for the upper deck- one of those would be great!

Called my PVP today but she is away for a couple days- left message with someone else- but they haven't called back

All your input would be helpful!!

Thanks!

Sue

You can ask, but typically that is the risk you run with a guarantee... if you try to switch, they may be able to, but you will probably be charged today's rates, which could be higher. Typically once you are assigned, you are assigned... and any changes you will have to pay for. Call and see what your TA says. Good luck.

We booked an 8A guarantee on our Victory cruise a couple of years ago. We went with another couple that did the same. When we got to the port we found out that Carnival booked us right next to the other couple. Don't get me wrong, we liked the couple we went with, but we didn't want to be right next door to them. We always like a room or two between the others we go on the cruise with. Anyway, DW and I went to the pursers desk and asked if we could be moved to another room. There was a cabin available a couple of doors down on the same deck, same side so we moved into that cabin. It may depend on the time of year you go. We went on this cruise in November, so the ship probably wasn't 100% occupied. When you get to the ship, go to the pursers desk and ask.

I'd be more concerned about what is below you and whether or not you have an obstructed view. The 8B cabins have an extended balcony so the balcony should be a little (about 20 sq. ft. I believe) larger than an 8A. It still will be a little "inside" but unless the view is obstructed or you are above a noisy public area, you probably have a pretty good cabin.

I'd be more concerned about what is below you and whether or not you have an obstructed view. The 8B cabins have an extended balcony so the balcony should be a little (about 20 sq. ft. I believe) larger than an 8A. It still will be a little "inside" but unless the view is obstructed or you are above a noisy public area, you probably have a pretty good cabin.

Sorry to disagree but the 8B's are not extended, they are standard size. Extended balcs on Spirit class ships are 8C, 8E, 8G, and 8I.

Sue- the worst that can happen when you call and request this-- is they say no.

But imagine if everyone was not happy where they were located the problems they woul dhave.

Yur balcony is in a good place.. You could have got a balcony that has an obstruction. In other words when you look down you will see a life boat instead of water.

Archived