Vigo + Huelva

Just booked a last minute cruise going in 11 days time.

Have visited 3 of the ports before (Gibraltar, Porto and Lisbon) but 2 new Spanish destinations for us in Vigo and Huelva.

In Huelva we have a trip booked (including seeing the grave of the 'Man Who Never Was', a story that fascinates us so has been a long held ambition) so that is sorted but have no idea what to do/see in Vigo.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the city? I know most people use it as a base for visiting Santiago de Compostela but we don't want to travel that day and my husband cannot walk far.

Many thanks.

Oops - have just found this very useful thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326818&highlight=vigo

Edited by campolady

If your husband has mobility issues, please be aware that Vigo is very hilly. The ship's dock right in the town. There is a HOHO bus which stops very close to where the ship's dock.

Just beside the port area is a shopping mall.

When we went to Vigo on a cruise we didn't do very much as we'd been on a land holiday and explored all the surrounding area.

Maybe the ship offers something like a countryside tour as it is very pretty. Otherwise you could go and have a nice lunch of seafood washed down with some delicious Albariño wine.

Personally, I would go to Santiago de Compostela if I hadn't been there before.