Upsell questions...

happyscmom

My husband and I are sailing on June 5 and booked a balcony guarantee. We got a great deal, and I am pleased with the room assignment (mid ship deck 9). However, if there is a possibility for a great upsell deal, I am very interested.

I called the upsell number Monday and was given a quote of $750/pp, $1000 pp, and $1500 pp for different Haven rooms. I know that these are good deals, but it is beyond our budget. I have seen people talking about calling back again and again to get great deals. SO, these are my questions:

1. How often should I call back?

2. Do they ever upsell to something LESS than Haven (maybe Aft balcony or mini-suite)?

3. If I make an offer, will they accept or decline on the spot?

Thanks for any help and feedback. Again, I'm happy with what I have, so please no bashing about booking a guarantee, I'm just keeping options open.

People have reported them coming down a bit within 2 weeks but the lowest they have said is 500 PP. Of course it also depends on what you paid and you said you got a deal so maybe not.

I would not bother calling until 2 weeks before your cruise. Best deals are just 1 week before but you risk someone else taking the 750/ 1000 deal.

On my upcoming cruise, I thought I would wait until it got to $500pp. It never did. They sold out easily with $750pp the lowest they ever went. I got the first email a little more than 30 days out. It started with the cheapest cabin at 1000pp an went up from there. I called about 2x a week until about a week out. Then the rep told me to call every morning. It never went down to 500pp which was my max, so we passed.

My husband and I are sailing on June 5 and booked a balcony guarantee. We got a great deal, and I am pleased with the room assignment (mid ship deck 9). However, if there is a possibility for a great upsell deal, I am very interested.

I called the upsell number Monday and was given a quote of $750/pp, $1000 pp, and $1500 pp for different Haven rooms. I know that these are good deals, but it is beyond our budget. I have seen people talking about calling back again and again to get great deals. SO, these are my questions:

2. Do they ever upsell to something LESS than Haven (maybe Aft balcony or mini-suite)?

Thanks for any help and feedback. Again, I'm happy with what I have, so please no bashing about booking a guarantee, I'm just keeping options open.

From info posted on the board, it seems that offers for upsells to Haven don't usually go below $500 pp, and as stated above, sometimes the offers never go that low. So if even $500pp is not in your budget, think about what category you would want, a mini suite or spa balcony or spa minisuite, and check current prices and availability. When you call the upsell dept, you can ask specifically for upsell availability for these. But be aware, those cabins may not be on their agenda at all, as every cruise is different. On our Escape cruise, some of us got email offers for upsell from insides to balcony or mini, but when our oceanview cabin requested upsell possibility to a balcony, they were told there was none. They eventually just called the regular reservation number and upsold for about

$100 per person.

So keep in mind your request does not have to be done through the upsell department. If Upsell is not currently working on up selling into whatever type cabin you are interested in, you may still be able to get a very good deal by just calling the reservation number. Check prices frequently as sail date approaches. When you see drops, make the calls.

Now I am really starting to get paranoid! I called Monday as well for our June 5th sailing and they told me no upsells were available for the Havens or anything for that matter. I'm in a inside guarantee, first time with NCL.

Is you ship the Breakaway for the June 5th sailing?

Now I am really starting to get paranoid! I called Monday as well for our June 5th sailing and they told me no upsells were available for the Havens or anything for that matter. I'm in a inside guarantee, first time with NCL.

From what I have heard and what the reps have told me, they generally will not offer anything to inside cabins until very close to the cruise. I had an inside and a mini suite, I got offers for the mini suite every time I called but they always said there is nothing for the inside. Until 5 days before the cruise, then they offered the inside an upsell to a spa mini suite(not Haven).

I am on the June 5th Breakaway but in an M6. I can say for sure there are upsells available at least at the mini level to Haven. Thing about this sailing though, is the 1st day of upsells (how I knew they were there) 2 H7's outta 6 for 3 people disappeared. 2 weeks later.. there are now more rooms (Courtyard + 2 bdr's now) and the price still hasn't dropped below $1000pp. I could imagine that an inside guarantee they would ask a lot more for.

I will say keep calling back, I will be. I am hoping for $500pp, but not gonna be upset if they don't drop it down that low next week. :D

June 5th Getaway...upsell from a GTY Balcony to a H6 penthouse aft... for 750 per person....

The first time I called (4 weeks out) I was told there was nothing until about 2 weeks before hand and to call back then. I didnt listen and called back at the 3 week mark and was offered the 750 or 1000 for courtyard... Wanted to huge balcony so we went with the 750 H6. Others have told me, the were told NO to the upgrade even a few days later...

I don't know how often you should call but I think just keep tabs on the rooms and when inventory starts selling, better start calling. I am also on the June 5th Breakaway. I am currently in an MA Mini Suite and I've called 2x so far. Once two weeks ago and was told $1000 per person for a forward facing PH. That's the only choice I was given. I called again today and said I was specifically interested in the spa and she said all Haven rooms including spa are $1000 per person currently. I declined.

I did not try to negotiate.

Just got upsell today for my 5/29 BA from Mini suite to haven spa for $750pp. Probably could've waited until Monday to get it a bit less but at the time they only had 4 left. Now looks like there are 5. But came in at my max so I'm happy.

Nice! I hope it's a wonderful trip! We'll be getting on as you disembark.

I am on the June 5th Breakaway but in an M6. I can say for sure there are upsells available at least at the mini level to Haven. Thing about this sailing though, is the 1st day of upsells (how I knew they were there) 2 H7's outta 6 for 3 people disappeared. 2 weeks later.. there are now more rooms (Courtyard + 2 bdr's now) and the price still hasn't dropped below $1000pp. I could imagine that an inside guarantee they would ask a lot more for.

I will say keep calling back, I will be. I am hoping for $500pp, but not gonna be upset if they don't drop it down that low next week. :D

Thanks! I just upgraded to a balcony BD for $250 per person. But I then gained the 2nd promotion (where before I only had one choice with the inside). We planned on purchasing a specialty dining anyway so I can minus that off the $500 increase, I'm happy with my new upgrade. Maybe I'll be considered for a Haven upsell now that I'm not an inside!