De Palm Island Family Day

lucigo

Has anyone done this through RCCL? We are stopping here in November and the ship is in port from 7:00 am til midnight. The ship excursion says it is a 4 1/2 hour excursion for $89. We would obviously like to spend more time there for that price. Can you stay longer? Any info appreciate. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
Has anyone done this through RCCL? We are stopping here in November and the ship is in port from 7:00 am til midnight. The ship excursion says it is a 4 1/2 hour excursion for $89. We would obviously like to spend more time there for that price. Can you stay longer? Any info appreciate. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you end up doing on your own? Or anyone? In the same predicament......looks like a great option, but we are there from 7 a.m. to midnight and would want to spend longer. It looks like the ferry is only about a 20 min taxi ride?

Did you end up doing on your own? Or anyone? In the same predicament......looks like a great option, but we are there from 7 a.m. to midnight and would want to spend longer. It looks like the ferry is only about a 20 min taxi ride?
We did it thru the ship in April. 20-30 minute bus ride and then a 5 minute boat ride to the island. It is only a 4-4.5 hour excursion however. We were dropped back in Oranjestdd and did some shopping. I did snorkel there and there were plenty of fish but very rocky. The water was also quite choppy that day so I didn't even bother to ask my wife to join me snorkeling. The lunch was fine as was the beach. Hope that helps!

A lot of cruisers have the same question. Is De Palm Island for cruisers only through the cruise line? As other posters have said, the RCCL excursion is only 4 1/2 hours (subtracting travel time it would only seem to be 3 hours to enjoy the island) and only A meal and A drink. I only see transportation from local hotels, not the cruise port. Has anyone gone to one of the pick up hotels to catch the bus or used a cab to the ferry (does you day ticket include the ferry?).

Thanks.

I've only been there when staying at a resort. We stayed all day. The food and drinks are unlimited. You could try seeing if you could get picked up at Renaissance Marina Hotel, which is the closest one to the port. When we did it, they picked up fairly early. I don't remember the time but I believe it was between 8 - 9 am. You could probably take a taxi, but it wouldn't be cheap. My ticket included the ferry.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a single senior woman planning on the full day tour to De Palm resort.

Some questions:

Is there a lazy river connected to the water park? Looking at the pictures it appears the water is very shallow by the slides etc.

Where is the best place for me to sit myself down on a lounge so I am near an area to get into the sea without having to climb over rocks. In other words, is there any easy area to get into the water. I will wear water shoes. I would find a lounge and cover near that area.

Is there any area that is both near a good spot to get into the water and also be near the lunch area so I have minimal walking?

Thank you

Marilina24