Dining Discounts

Will be sailing on the Harmony in February and remember from prior cruises they used to have a 50% crown and anchor discount in certain dining rooms the 1st and 2 nd nights. Are they still doing that?

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members get a BOGO specialty restaurant coupon that can be used on the first two nights.

How far in advance can we book dining and shows on the Harmony? Where and when are they posted?

There is no set time for reservations to open. All you can do is check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website periodically:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/login.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=3

Edited by clarea

How far in advance can we book dining and shows on the Harmony? Where and when are they posted?

On our 7 June sailing, these opened about 2-3 weeks ago. However (and I have been checking and enquiring about it everyday), Chef's Table reservations only came out 2 days ago, so I am guessing everything is on an as and when basis. For example, up till now, the Dreamworks Character breakfast has not appeared as a booking option.

Does the BOGO require you to eat both the first and second night? Or buy one of the first 2 nights, then use the "get one" later in the cruise?

There are some specials on our 14 day Indy cruise, but with only 2 specialty restaurants, I'm not sure we want a package of 3 or 5 or more. Thanks

Does the BOGO require you to eat both the first and second night? Or buy one of the first 2 nights, then use the "get one" later in the cruise?

There are some specials on our 14 day Indy cruise, but with only 2 specialty restaurants, I'm not sure we want a package of 3 or 5 or more. Thanks

Technically, you must eat on the first and/or second nights. However, some people report being asked to pay on the first night, but come back any other night. Depends on the ship.

Before my husband passed away, we would go the first and second nights. Now that he is gone, I will be sailing with my sister who is Diamond but not Diamond Plus as I am.

Will I be able to make reservations for the 2nd night instead of the 1st? I'd really like to meet our tablemates, but if I have to use it only for the 1st night, I will. Thanks.

Clarea - Thanks for your replies. I have another question - Do you know which specialty restaurants are offered on the BOGO promotions?

I don't see any restrictions on the coupon, see the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle lists:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337130

EDIT: I see the Pinnacle coupon says it's not applicable to a la carte restaurants, so that probably applies to the D+ coupon too.

Edited by clarea

I purchased the 4 night dining package for our Harmony sailing next year.

I understand I have to go to one of the restaurants the 1st or 2nd night. (I requested the 2nd night).

I would like to go to:

150 Central Park

Wonderland

Jaime's Italian

and probably Izumi

Will I be able to decide which restaurants on which nights once I am onboard?

Someone on another thread mentioned that I might have to go to Chops twice in order to use the 4 night dining package. Is this true? We've been to Chops several times and will probably go to Chops on our December cruise. We would prefer to go to some new to us restaurants.

Thanks.

I don't see any restrictions on the coupon, see the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle lists:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337130

EDIT: I see the Pinnacle coupon says it's not applicable to a la carte restaurants, so that probably applies to the D+ coupon too.

Thank you so much. I didn't see it on the lists of benefits on the website and when I called C&A, the agent said he didn't see if either.

Thank you so much. I didn't see it on the lists of benefits on the website and when I called C&A, the agent said he didn't see if either.

For whatever reason, Royal does not publish the coupons on their website. We have to depend on the nice folks who scan the documents and post here. I doubt that most of the agents outside of the C&A department even know there are onboard coupons.

Restaurants should be available to book now. I booked all of ours in January and our cruise on harmony isn't until November 12! This will be our first cruise that we won't eat in the MDR at all!

Doesn't' anyone know, if you have two Diamond Plus people from the same cabin at a specialty dinner with 3 other people, can we use both of our BOGO's that same evening?

Thank you.:)

Yes, we've done it.