Pre reserve taxi in Southampton necessary (to train station)

We're traveling to Southampton via a tour with a stop at Stonehenge so will be delivered to Independence of the Seas (June 4)

When we disembark on June 18 will we need a pre-reserved taxi to get to the train station? Some folks on my roll call have said it's better to arrange one.

We plan to self-disembark w/two 24-26" suitcases and one carry on each (4 of us). We hope to catch an 8-8:30 train so plan to be off the ship 7-7:30. Will there be a line of taxis waiting?

Thank you!

Our experience is yes, there is a taxi rank at the cruise ship terminals and have had no trouble getting one. With 4 of you and your luggage you will likely need an estate car but there is usually a lot of them.

7.00 - 7.30 is normally for unassisted disembarkation, with the first tranche of assisted disembarkation at 7.30.

Yes, in theory there'll be a line of taxi if you disembark unassisted before 7.30.

Self-disembarkation and a pre-booked taxi is a bit belt-and-braces for an 8.30am train (the station is five minutes away), but If you want to pre-book, try http://www.westquaycars.com

I doubt it'll be cheaper - the metered taxi fare is usually £6 - but would avoid a potential line for taxis if you use assisted disembarkation. If you're allocated a disembarkation slot later than 7.30 it's normally no problem to get reassigned to the 7.30 slot if you tell ship's customer relations desk that you have a tight onward schedule.

Tell the driver where you're heading by train - he can then drop you on the most convenient side of the station.

JB :)

7.00 - 7.30 is normally for unassisted disembarkation. Yes, in theory there'll be a line of taxi if you disembark unassisted before 7.30.

Self-disembarkation and a pre-booked taxi is a bit belt-and-braces for an 8.30am train (the station is five minutes away)

Tell the driver where you're heading by train - he can then drop you on the most convenient side of the station.

JB :)

Had to look the belt-and-braces up (LOL) but once I did and re-read I felt great about just getting a taxi in the line! Thank you so much!