Another Tablecloth debate

lele100

Somehow tablecloths did seem more elegant. And it was quite refreshing to know that it was "clean" and that your silverware was sitting on a fresh, clean piece of linen....oh well, higher prices and lesser service....it is a 'sign of the times' I guess. :confused::confused:

I really liked the tablecloths!!! I don't get to eat out but maybe once a year, and it is usually just to a Chilis.

To me the tablecloths gave the illusion of grandeur and "fine dining". While I know the fare was buffet quality, I still found the tablecloths added a bit of an elegant feel which made the experience seem more than what it was.

I do like that it is better for the environment to not have all that washing, but will miss the little bit of the "old days" elegance the tablecloths provided.

Well said.

just got back from a magic cruise. No table cloths! ................... No problem! We survived. We talked at the table. We ate our food. We even talked about the lack of table cloths. Then we laughed and continued our cruise. Then formal night came along with the table clothes. We talked at the table. We ate our food. We commented about there being table cloths. Then we laughed and continued our cruise. Conclusion made. It really doesn't matter. With that said, i am running to my cabin as the flak begins.

lol

Edited by clearwaters

I do wonder if this whole tablecloth saga would have gone much more smoothly if Carnival had just made the changes without saying anything at all. :confused::D

Yes, it would have. Same with the once a day cabin service. Make the change, say nothing and let the villagers figure it out on their own.