Quick: Carnival Valor Questions

I have the 24 hour hold for 3 night December cruise on the Valor. I understand that it is just out of dry dock which I am not excited about the changes. Does the Valor no longer have the carnival grill: that served the burgers, dogs, chili, hot cheese, chicken tenders, onions, etc.? Specifically, regarding the chicken tenders, where else can I get them on the ship?

What makes the Valor so great? Why should I sail on her? Loaded question but now I am down to a few hours left before I need to confirm with payment.

Nope , grill is gone (guys burgers in its place). Sounds like an older fantasy class is the way to go for you.... Being December 3 I some of the least expensive dates to cruise, I think you should let the hold expire and do more research in ships to find one without the upgrades... I am sure you will find space on pretty much any ship you choose during that time frame. Maybe the Paradise out of Tampa, it has no upgrades.

The Valor no longer has the grill, it was replaced with Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana. Sometimes they will serve the chicken tenders as an appetizer in the dining room, but that is it. I miss them too. You would need to sail a ship that does not have Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana. We sailed the Valor last year, as a B2B cruise. It was a nice ship. It was needing some maintenance, but I am sure it got all that during the dry-dock.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Quick question, and hope I'm not hijacking your board ;). Is there any additional charge for Guy's Burgers or the Blue Iguana? I haven't sailed on a ship that has these places, but will be on the Valor in December. Thank you!

Quick question, and hope I'm not hijacking your board ;). Is there any additional charge for Guy's Burgers or the Blue Iguana? I haven't sailed on a ship that has these places, but will be on the Valor in December. Thank you!

No additional charge.

no charge and delicious. My husband ate at Guy's 3 times on 6 day cruise.Love the Blue Iguana and it is open for breakfast.

The Valor no longer has the grill, it was replaced with Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana. Sometimes they will serve the chicken tenders as an appetizer in the dining room, but that is it. I miss them too. You would need to sail a ship that does not have Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana. We sailed the Valor last year, as a B2B cruise. It was a nice ship. It was needing some maintenance, but I am sure it got all that during the dry-dock.

Sadly, according to another poster, some of what should be considered routine maintenance such as replacing burned out bulbs in the hallway signs that tell you what venues are ahead, was neglected during dry dock. There was also a problem with the DiveIn movies. Apparently they kept stopped playing about 10-30 minutes before the end of the movie. I have no idea why this would be, but that is what was reported. :(

I like the regular grill better than Guy's as well. However, it seems that the vast majority of people prefer Guy's, and the regular grills are being replaced with it. :(

I, too, like the regular grill better than Guy's. And, the fact that you can't find chicken tenders anywhere just blows my mind. We are Diamond and take several cruises a year, but are seriously considering moving all of our business to another cruise line.

Rosemary

I, too, like the regular grill better than Guy's. And, the fact that you can't find chicken tenders anywhere just blows my mind. We are Diamond and take several cruises a year, but are seriously considering moving all of our business to another cruise line.

Rosemary

Because you can't find chicken tenders? Wow, you must LOVE thems tenders!

Rosemary

Are you sure NCL will have them? Chicken tenders are such an important factor to consider when choosing a cruise.

Are you sure NCL will have them? Chicken tenders are such an important factor to consider when choosing a cruise.

They are very good and we do miss them but not quite a reason to pick a different cruise line.

Now if you want to talk about production playlist than ____.

We were on the Valor right before dry dock this year and it was hands down our best cruise yet. Other than our stateroom steward who was probably the worse that we have had (still good, just in comparison to previous cruises) the rest of the crew and service we had was beyond excellent.

While not so sure about chicken fingers some of the ships do have a hot dog stand on certain days and a Seaside Grill on sea days. Jut go to the website and look at dining options under your ship, it will be listed there.

Personally I prefer Guys and Blue Iguana to the standard grill. Especially the Blue Iguana street tacos & salsa bar.. YUM!