Dawn with 2 adults and 2 kids

missingmaui

We've sailed on the Spirit as a couple, but this will be our first cruise with the kids and we'll be on the Dawn. The kids will be 4.

We're trying to decide: oceanview vs balcony? I know the balcony rooms only sleep 3, but we'd book one child in our room and the second in my parent's room. They'd sleep together on the sofa in our room. Any advice? I love the idea of more space with the balcony room!

We sailed twice with our girls.. once in an inside promenade (4-night cruise) and more recently in a balcony on escape (7-night). I vote balcony all the way with kids!! We spent so much time out there, more than I ever thought. They loved being out there drawing, chatting, playing, relaxing. IF you can swing it and it's a 7-nighter, do the balcony!

718.jpg

411.jpg

Thanks so much for your response! The pictures of your little ones on the balcony was a huge help- I didn't realize how high the rails were. That makes a huge difference as well. I really think they'd like the extra space.

Now, I wonder if they will fit comfortable on the sofa bed together...

Edited by missingmaui

Thanks so much for your response! The pictures of your little ones on the balcony was a huge help- I didn't realize how high the rails were. That makes a huge difference as well. I really think they'd like the extra space.

Now, I wonder if they will fit comfortable on the sofa bed together...

Yes the railing was chest high on me!

On escape we didn't have a pull out sofa bed, it was a sofa that they just made up as a bed at night (not sure if all balcony rooms are like that, maybe someone knows) and had storage drawers underneath. We actually had 2 connecting balcony rooms since we had my mom with us. So we had 1 kid on each sofa at night, then when one woke up in the morning she ran to the other one's bed. :) Worked out perfectly...

93.jpg

95.jpg

I have a review in my signature also if you wanted to see our day to day.

We also had the balcony dividers opened so it felt bigger!

41.jpg

They can absolutely sleep feet to feet. That's not a problem at all! hopefully the steward wouldn't have an issue with both children being in our room since the Dawn doesn't have any 4-passenger standard balconies.