Bringing medication into the kids' area

Cruisin' Chick

Just recently my girl was diagnosed with asthma. I now carry around an inhaler with me, and her school office keeps another one on hand, just in case. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with a child with a chronic disease and bringing medication aboard the ship. Have you had any problems with the kids' program in this regard?

On Carnival, mediation is not allowed at Camp Carnival. My son has an epi-pen I just keep it with me so I have it handy if needed. He has been young enough that I've had a beeper; this year will be our 1st time that he's moved up a level, I will still request a beeper so that if there is a problem I can get to him quickly.

Princess (nor any other cruise line) does not allow medication in their children's program. Too much of a liability issue not only for their staff but for other children. They feel that if a child should drop their medication out of a pocket and another child should pick it up and use it, there are huge problems with that. What parents do is make sure there is a beeper and if there is a medical issue, you will be beeped and informed.

Archived