Shuttle service for disabled passenger

mamamzee

I'm trusting that you have your own car that you need to park and that your vehicle is equipped to handle the scooter. And that there are 2 of you, one of whom doesn't need the shuttle?

If that is so, the answer is simple. Go to the cruise terminal. Unload the luggage, the scooter, and the person who needs it (whole family except driver if more than 2). THEN go park the car wherever and take their shuttle back to the terminal. The people you dropped off can enter the terminal and begin the check in process while waiting for the driver to return. On the return trip, do the opposite. Have the driver go to get the car, then return for the luggage, passengers, and scooter.

To answer your question, I'm not aware of any remote parking locations that will offer this. If a guest is using DCL transfers and has a mobility issue, the guest can notify DCL in advance of exactly what their situation is and an appropriate vehicle that can meet their needs will be available.

Another option is disabled parking is available free of charge at the terminal for vehicles that meet the criterior.

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles that have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

ex techie

Read carefully to see whether your vehicle meets the criteria. In many places, this applies only to vehicles that have ramps or lifts installed to allow a wheelchair user to literally wheel into the vehicle but not to a vehicle with what amounts to a tiny trailer to handle a scooter. Your vehicle may park in the terminal parking, but don't assume it will be free. Again, read carefully--I don't know anything about your vehicle.

Read carefully to see whether your vehicle meets the criteria. In many places' date=' this applies only to vehicles that have ramps or lifts installed to allow a wheelchair user to literally wheel into the vehicle but not to a vehicle with what amounts to a tiny trailer to handle a scooter. Your vehicle may park in the terminal parking, but don't assume it will be free. Again, read carefully--I don't know anything about your vehicle.[/quote']

Agreed!

They have a contact number on the website if anyone is unsure.

ex techie

Thanks, all. We parked at the cruise terminal on our RC cruise - SUPER convenient altho a little pricey. I think we'll park there again--seems silly to spend all that money on a concierge suite on DCL and get cheap to park.

Thanks, all. We parked at the cruise terminal on our RC cruise - SUPER convenient altho a little pricey. I think we'll park there again--seems silly to spend all that money on a concierge suite on DCL and get cheap to park.

That's certainly true!