Any advice on catching a room on a sold out sailing?

gagirl2006

Hi!

My family waited until the last minute to book an October cruise. Do y'all have an advice on getting a room on a sold out sailing? I have the "pay in full" date so I'll check closer to that time.

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Hi!

My family waited until the last minute to book an October cruise. Do y'all have an advice on getting a room on a sold out sailing? I have the "pay in full" date so I'll check closer to that time.

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Do you have a PVP with Carnival? If so, you could ask him/her to keep an eye out for cancellations.

Yes, some cabins could become available after final payment date.

Thanks for your reply. I do have a PVP with Carnival and he said he'd watch out. But then I think he got a little ill that my uncle wouldn't book with him and that we wouldn't just book 2 bunk rooms for my family of 4. Hopefully he'll be watching since he wants a booking!

People cancel ALL the time. I would NOT rely on my PVP. If it is that important...I would be on the Carnival website 24/7 myself.

I have cancelled twice and my cabin was automatically put back on line both times. YOU have a better shot at getting a cabin yourself instead of a PVP. Good luck to you.

People cancel ALL the time. I would NOT rely on my PVP. If it is that important...I would be on the Carnival website 24/7 myself.

I have cancelled twice and my cabin was automatically put back on line both times. YOU have a better shot at getting a cabin yourself instead of a PVP. Good luck to you.

Actually, I guess I "assumed" she'd be checking frequently because her PVP is not available 24/7.

I'm getting confused as to what is being asked. Who's trying to go? Why wouldn't an uncle book with your pvp? How does 2 cabins with bunks fit in?

Hi RuthlessBoss,

My family of 4 is trying to go. The PVP suggested us booking two bunk rooms since there were no cabins that fit 4 ppl. My uncle got the last regular cabin for the two ppl traveling in his party. My uncle already had a room on hold with an online site so he used them to book.

Good to know! Thanks!!

Sure! Just log in, select your cruise, and click through like you're going to book. Then when it asks for a deposit, click the Carnival logo in the upper left corner and it should offer up a 24/48 hour hold. I have done that a few times. Good luck!

Sure! Just log in, select your cruise, and click through like you're going to book. Then when it asks for a deposit, click the Carnival logo in the upper left corner and it should offer up a 24/48 hour hold. I have done that a few times. Good luck!

I'll be so excited if it ever lets me put in 4 passengers!

On our last cruise, about 1 week prior to cruising, we had a last minute addition, which caused us to have to get a more accommodating room. Well, I looked online, and saw that the cruise was sold out.

I then called Carnival, and the rep said they were sold out, nothing we could do. Then, my wife called, got another rep, and was able to get another room.

On our last cruise, about 1 week prior to cruising, we had a last minute addition, which caused us to have to get a more accommodating room. Well, I looked online, and saw that the cruise was sold out.

I then called Carnival, and the rep said they were sold out, nothing we could do. Then, my wife called, got another rep, and was able to get another room.

That's an idea. I also checked with two different sites and they both said the same thing.

I'm surprised it's already sold out for 4 people this far out. October isn't really a prime time for families. The good thing is that you are far enough out that there is a better chance of someone canceling. If you just check every day you have a chance.

I'm surprised it's already sold out for 4 people this far out. October isn't really a prime time for families. The good thing is that you are far enough out that there is a better chance of someone canceling. If you just check every day you have a chance.

Fall Break is in October. We had the privilege of sailing with, what seemed like, the whole state of Arizona.

Quite possible that groups haven't released their holds yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it the Magic on October 8? We are booked on it, and have been amazed watching it sell out so fast! All the 4 person cabins have been gone for a while. We have fall break that week. Good luck! I hope it works out. Get on the roll call and see if anyone is thinking of cancelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are in magic on 9/17. Regular oceanview cabins have been sold out for a long time on ours. And the price for our cove balcony has increased over $300 since we booked last sept.

Is there anyway some relatives can work their rooms around to accommodate a child? Then you can book a 3 person instead of a 4? Like someone with a 2 person room move into a 3 and you book another 3? Would get you on the ship.