All things emerald....????

wizard-of-roz

I just booked the Emerald Princess....I've never been on her and I booked the Vista Suite - E733.

Apparently, there 's a beam on the veranda that obstructs the view a bit. Have you ever seen just how much obstruction it causes, and should I book a different suite?

Will I like the Emerald? And, if so, why or why not?

I really appreciate a "head's-up" on the ship and the cabin. Thanks in advance.

I just booked the Emerald Princess....I've never been on her and I booked the Vista Suite - E733.

Apparently, there 's a beam on the veranda that obstructs the view a bit. Have you ever seen just how much obstruction it causes, and should I book a different suite?

Will Horton get to use the veranda? :) (I haven't done the Emerald, so I'm no help.)

Will Horton get to use the veranda? :) (I haven't done the Emerald, so I'm no help.)

Of course. I'm hoping they put his potty box on it so I don't have to hike to get to it. Onboard the Pacific, this last Dec., they put it on my veranda and it was perfect.

The warning about the "beam" obstructing the view on the veranda has got me curious. I'll change my cabin now if it's really bad!

That is the coolest thingy I've seen in a signature!!

It sure is, isn't it?? I noticed that the dog actually returns the ball & waits for it to be thrown again! Yes, guilty, I've been playing fetch with that goofy dog! :D

Hi Roz,

Emerald is a fine ship, will be back on board her in a few weeks, will post live from her,

any questions just ask,

Shogun was at vet yesterday, left him at home came back to find him holding his paw off the ground, turns out he has a sprained wrist,

so he is to be rested for two to three weeks, only thing being how to tell him, no walks, to play etc

yours Shogun

Have been in that exact cabin previously. The beam is off to one side and does not really impact your view, but it can make the balcony a bit awkward to use if there are a few people. Saying that though Horton's box would probably sit very comfortably on the 'far side' of it, but I couldn't say for sure as I don't know the size of it.

Emerald is my second favourite ship after Grand.

Edited by SwissDave

Which from the photos looks pretty much identical.

There are typically two loungers, a table and 4 chairs on the balcony, which depending on the size of the box might make it a bit of a challenge to puzzle, but easily doable.

The suite itself is a bit smaller than say, C751 and lots smaller than an owner's suite, but very nice with plenty of room.

This thread has photos of all the aft views, so you can see the beam and the vents. Crown, Ruby and Emerald have the same aft structures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=aft+cabins

We will be on the Emerald with Shogun in a couple of weeks and will post a live from...We are on from June 1 to July 9. When are you on? By the end of the cruise we will need to get our lab fix as both of our boys will be with the breeder at 'summer camp'!

We've been on the Emerald before and with Anytime Dining, do not mind the extra deck of people. Venues fill quicker than the Grands, but the Super Grands do have extra nooks and crannies here and there. The supers are our favorite class of ship now that we've learned patience and wisdom in our elder ages...plus the liberal use of electronics waiting for the show to start after getting there early!

Good Luck and give Horton a good ear rubbing from us!