Teenage area - 15-17 yr olds

karen kne

Any info yet on the teenage areas?

Whats there, what activities etc? Cant find any info on this area at all.

Oh and most importantly (lol) is there an xbox area or playstation area?... my son won't know what to do with his thumbs if there isnt !!! :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this as well, it will be interesting to hear how it goes on the European sailings with all the port days and mixed demographics. Right now there aren't a lot of kids/teens traveling due to the school year and finals, but that will be changing over the next couple of sailings :)

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Following as well as in our group we'll a bunch of teenagers (officially 6 betw 13 - 17).

Ditto. For a 16 year old and worse still, an 18 year old and in an agegroup uncatered for and who is excluded from drinking despite being of legal age where we will be. (It's not actually a problem for him as he doesn't drink.... But others won't be so lucky.)

I know they would both be interested in the games arcade place but I'm not prepared to fork out a fortune for them to use them. Shame they don't provide Xbox or playstations.... But where would the profit be!

les37b - I know that this isn't the appropriate thread/forum but I'm not quite how to do direct messages (if that's even possible) - anyway on another forum/message you had mentioned about tours in Pompeii/Vesuvius/Herculadeum (spelling is off I know). Would you be so kind as to share that? I could not find it in that thread - what the name of the company is. The prices seem quite reasonable and I would love to do all 3.

TIA

les37b - I know that this isn't the appropriate thread/forum but I'm not quite how to do direct messages (if that's even possible) - anyway on another forum/message you had mentioned about tours in Pompeii/Vesuvius/Herculadeum (spelling is off I know). Would you be so kind as to share that? I could not find it in that thread - what the name of the company is. The prices seem quite reasonable and I would love to do all 3.

TIA

Yes of course, not a problem.... I originally found mention of it on "Shorebee.com" and booked direct with the company at worldtour.

Were you wanting to come on the tour with us of book yourself on a different date?

It's by far the cheapest option I've seen to do all three from €30 per person.

Description

An amazing tour that is fascinating ,interesting and extremely educational at the same time. An experience that will take you to a unique place in the world that offers you the opportunity to visit two ancient Roman cities, Pompeii and Herculaneum, in excellent state of preservation and then visit its volcano which caused their tragic end nearly two thousand years ago, but for ironically fate, Vesuvius has made them even though sadly eternal cities. The standard itinerary of the tour expect the stop in Pompeii for 2 hours, in Herculaneum for 1 hour and 30 minute , on the Mount Vesuvius for 2 hours.

Well we're on a different week - we leave 7.29.16 - by mistake by I clicked on your week and since it had so much more discussion I took a peek at what people were talking about and saw your comment. Then I saw there was reply to this and lo and behold it was you :)

Anyway - THANK YOU!! for giving me the info. We're in the process of figuring it all out and I had really wanted to do Herculaream but didn't see anything combining that site with anything else. I'm thinking that the teenagers will like the hike a lot and then will be so tired to not complain too much when looking at everything else - lol. Although the kids in our group are good kids and do enjoy this kind of thing.

I had worked out from our roll call you were on a different date, but no worries happy to help.

Further info....

The company will happily Taylor your trip for you, so if you only wanted Herculaneum and Pompeii... You could. I had intended to do Herculaneum and Vesuvius as we planned doing Pompeii in April travelling up on the train from sorrento. (We did both in the end by train and very easy to do)....

Anyway, when asking the kids... They wanted Pompeii so all three were booked.

The price splits....a minibus with 14 gives your best price at just under €30 per person. I think it's €50 if you have only 8 people in an 8 seater. (Which is €30 cheaper per person than other operators. )

I Haven't used them, but have spoken to them over the phone and they gave me confidence they are fine.

If it's the two archeological sites you want to do (and not Vesuvius) then also consider using the circumvesuvia train. Which would cost you less than €7 for the three train journeys you'd take... And it honestly is very very easy. Alternatively there is an air conditioned bus service. ( the trains do get crowded... And would be very hot in the summer.)

Anyway... Options to consider.

I keep seeing that someone has replied to my question but then read about trip excursions to Pompeii etc lol... thanks for the info, now just bumping this to see if anyone has any info on my original question about the teenage area.:D

we sail July 29 2016

Ditto. For a 16 year old and worse still, an 18 year old and in an agegroup uncatered for and who is excluded from drinking despite being of legal age where we will be. (It's not actually a problem for him as he doesn't drink.... But others won't be so lucky.)

I know they would both be interested in the games arcade place but I'm not prepared to fork out a fortune for them to use them. Shame they don't provide Xbox or playstations.... But where would the profit be!

I'm sure your 18yo will be able to drink on a European cruise.

It was the case on Anthem. As the Law for drinking age is 18 as you know.

Read the T&C

Hope this helps

kezz

Ignor that. Well blow me.

See here - http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=46

This is from Royal, I thought it would be same for all.

ALCOHOL POLICY

Efective immediately on all sailings, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International is as follows:

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

Edited by kezz
Wrong Info

I'm sure your 18yo will be able to drink on a European cruise.

It was the case on Anthem. As the Law for drinking age is 18 as you know.

Read the T&C

Hope this helps

kezz

Ignor that. Well blow me.

See here - http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=46

This is from Royal, I thought it would be same for all.

ALCOHOL POLICY

Efective immediately on all sailings, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International is as follows:

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

It was 18 on Princess last year however on both our previous sailing on Carnival they wouldn't budge on age, was told because they only have one ship in Europe at a time it wasn't worth the trouble.

When we took our 18 year old on Sunshine they downgraded him as he had a younger sister, he signed away his 18 year old privileges which was entrance to adult comedy club so was no issue, he then met some 17 year olds, might be worth doing as being 18/19 is a tricky age.

My daughter says she's pretty sure they had gaming machines.

Edited by gailjen

When we took our 18 year old on Sunshine they downgraded him as he had a younger sister, he signed away his 18 year old privileges which was entrance to adult comedy club so was no issue, he then met some 17 year olds, might be worth doing as being 18/19 is a tricky age.

My daughter says she's pretty sure they had gaming machines.

Ah ok, so they will allow him to get involved in the stuff for 16 and 17 year olds if you ask? He is pretty immature, so that would suit him. He doesnt drink, so he wouldnt miss that, though he probably would enjoy the comedy club.

By gaming machines, are you talking about pay arcade games?

Ah ok, so they will allow him to get involved in the stuff for 16 and 17 year olds if you ask? He is pretty immature, so that would suit him. He doesnt drink, so he wouldnt miss that, though he probably would enjoy the comedy club.

By gaming machines, are you talking about pay arcade games?

My son is almost certain they had Xbox as he's a PlayStation player.

On the first night we just took him to the welcome meeting and said that he was still at school although he was 18, said he had a sister who was 16 and they produced a form for us to fill in, it's just the adult comedian shows he wasn't supposed to attend. I hope they still have this in operation as it is a funny age 18-20

Thanks for that gailjen

Im not sure he would want to go to the comedy club and if that's the only thing he"d miss out on, then its probably worth it.

Now to find out info from the OP on what there is for 15, 16 and 17 year olds.

Free bump to get back on track.

The Vista has a great teen program. Lots of activities and great staff. There is an arcade ($$$) and also an area to play ping pong, a floor pool table, bowling. That plus planned late night activities and organized games (basketball, soccer). I rarely saw my kid, mostly only at meals and shore excursions I forced him to go on!

The Vista has a great teen program. Lots of activities and great staff. There is an arcade ($$$) and also an area to play ping pong, a floor pool table, bowling. That plus planned late night activities and organized games (basketball, soccer). I rarely saw my kid, mostly only at meals and shore excursions I forced him to go on!

Sounds great thank you :)

Just got off of a P&O weekend cruise from Southampton. My 16 year old was allowed to drink a little wine with her meals. So Im sure that its ok for 18 year olds to drink sensibly.

It is to do with the laws in the port you are leaving and where you are visiting I believe.

Just got off of a P&O weekend cruise from Southampton. My 16 year old was allowed to drink a little wine with her meals. So Im sure that its ok for 18 year olds to drink sensibly.

It is to do with the laws in the port you are leaving and where you are visiting I believe.

No. This is a carnival ruling that no one under 21 can drink alcohol.

We are sailing from Barcelona. If this was true, 16-year-olds would be allowed to drink wine.