RC vs. Celebrity

bmweezer

My wife and I are taking our 14 year old soon on one of the first Freedom and Seas cruises next June; now, I just booked a December 2006 anniversary cruise for just the two of us (sorry, son) on Celebrity Millenium.

I've never been on Celebrity, but frequent RC at least once a year. So, what differences can I expect.

Thanks

Bryan

I enjoyed my cruise on Splendor of the Seas ( solarium pool was great, comparable in size X ships don't have this feature) , but found that food was much better on X and service more professional. Little touches like champagne, sherbets, hot/cold towels on re-embarkation add to pleasant experience.

I think it is important to compare ship to ship as well as the line itself, as within both there are differences.

IME, RCI is more lively day and night with a warm and energetic staff. None of my 4 Celebrity cruises have offered much in the way of nightlife, while on RCI, I am always out and about.

I find the food and service to be better on X and there are small touches (champagne upon boarding) that make X a bit more classy.

IMO, Radiance class stacks up well against M class on Celebrity. The ships are stunning, there is more SPR, and the public areas are really spectacular! I love the Solariums (adult only) that RCI offers on many of their ships.

I really enjoy the aqua spa cuisine on M class ships and RCI has nothing to compare.

Finally, the loyalty perks on RCI FAR exceed those on X, which makes a big difference to me.

Freedom is not on my personal to-do list as Voyager class is too big for me. But, it seems to me you have chosen your ships well as your son will surely love FOS and you and your wife will be spoiled on Millie.

Thanks for all of the comments so far. Gotta tell you something that will make many of you laugh..

Being new to Celebrity, I've been reading posts here and from time to time, I am seeing "Millie this" and "Millie that." Took me A LONG TIME to figure out that you're talking about Millenium. Man, how soon until my next cruise!

Archived