Grand Dutch Café ( Koningsdam)Food options now surcharge?!

Despegue

I posted the full menu in my Koningsdam public areas post

That was an extremely helpful thread, Brad. Here's your Grand Dutch Cafe post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49801376&postcount=32

How is HAL for people under 40s, because we're not fancy people and don't dress up but have only sailed Carnival.....

For those under 40 who enjoy Dutch food from the Dutch Cafe, it's great:) It's also great for people over 40 who enjoy Dutch food.;)

HAL has recently changed their dress code. They now have "gala" nights instead of "formal" nights. I've included a link to their website with the description below; hopefully you can see what I see in the link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Cruise+Preparation&contentMenu=Baggage,+Packing+%26+Dress+Code&contentSubMenu=Is+There+A+Dress+Code?&WT.ac=PopTop_Formal

But jw were not fancy for her and feel out of place because of our age and always thought of HAL as your grandmas cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From all accounts, if you cruise on the Konigsdam on a 7-day cruise, or during school holiday times, it will not be just your "grandma's cruise". I'm older than you, but I've been cruising HAL since I was a young middle-aged mom;). C'mon, give it a try:)

I would but my DW has severe anxiety and she watched a video of her grandmother to Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So take her on the Konigsdam to Europe:) This summer and next, Konigsdam is doing 7-day itineraries out of Amsterdam. Your wife can revisit her home country and eat Dutch food at the Grand Dutch Cafe:)

She has a large family 10 aunt and uncles on one side and I believe 11 on the other she's got 100 first cousins on each side and her pake is famous in Friesland.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was an extremely helpful thread, Brad. Here's your Grand Dutch Cafe post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49801376&postcount=32

For those under 40 who enjoy Dutch food from the Dutch Cafe, it's great:) It's also great for people over 40 who enjoy Dutch food.;)

HAL has recently changed their dress code. They now have "gala" nights instead of "formal" nights. I've included a link to their website with the description below; hopefully you can see what I see in the link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/PlanningAndAdvice.action?tabName=Cruise+Preparation&contentMenu=Baggage,+Packing+%26+Dress+Code&contentSubMenu=Is+There+A+Dress+Code?&WT.ac=PopTop_Formal

Thanks for the info ...

I posted the full menu in my Koningsdam public areas post

We were also on the Premier cruise of the Koningasdam and really enjoyed the Dutch drinks , special coffee and Dutch beers . All the snacks were delicious ,different ones at different times during the day . And they were free of charge !!!:D:D:D

Of coarse people , kind of , abused the system ordering all the snacks at no charge ate them there or took them to their cabin while NOT purchasing any of the drinks or coffees which really was the intention of HAL !

So too bad and so sad , now the snacks will be charged for I believe .