C.D. Paradise, Sept. 3rd 2016

SkyMaster

Thinking of sailing the Paradise on September 3rd, 2016, but am concerned about the C.D. Last time I sailed Paradise, it was Calvyn, and I was disappointed in him. Do any of you have the current list??? THANKS!

"SKY"

Thinking of sailing the Paradise on September 3rd, 2016, but am concerned about the C.D. Last time I sailed Paradise, it was Calvyn, and I was disappointed in him. Do any of you have the current list??? THANKS!

"SKY"

Is this the same Calvyn who was John Heald's Assistant CD? I thought he was supposed to be so great.

Is this the same Calvyn who was John Heald's Assistant CD? I thought he was supposed to be so great.

Yep, that's the guy. I sailed with him once, and he struck me as a self-centered, pompous, ass. Maybe I just got him on a bad day, or in this case, during a bad cruise for him. I may give him another shot, as lots of others seem to really like him. ;)

"SKY"

Yep, that's the guy. I sailed with him once, and he struck me as a self-centered, pompous, ass. Maybe I just got him on a bad day, or in this case, during a bad cruise for him. I may give him another shot, as lots of others seem to really like him. ;)

"SKY"

That's how I felt about Jimmy who wears the kilt. He was so rude to us.

"SKY"

You didn't have the Calvyn's Muster from Hell. Two day in the Imagination a few years ago. Bumbled over the scrip and got the name of the ship wrong. The ship did a full crew muster in Ensenada. He read perfectly from the scrip then.

Mom said he was fine on the Blogger's West Coast cruise, but he wasn't CD, just John's sidekick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You didn't have the Calvyn's Muster from Hell. Two day in the Imagination a few years ago. Bumbled over the scrip and got the name of the ship wrong. The ship did a full crew muster in Ensenada. He read perfectly from the scrip then.

Mom said he was fine on the Blogger's West Coast cruise, but he wasn't CD, just John's sidekick.

Perhaps he had a few too many the night before in the crew bar

Why does it matter who the CD is?? We had Calvyn on the Valor last year. He was friendly, was visible to the guests, and the staff seemed to enjoy working with him. The only CD who I have truly not liked is James Charlton (who I don't think is a CD anymore). He was rude and I couldn't understand him over the PA because he talked so fast. Wouldn't stop me from saling that ship though.

Calvyn messed up on our muster drill on the first half of our Valor B2B. He read the script to start asking crew members to proceed to their station and then he forgot to turn the PA off. We could hear him talking to people on the bridge until he realized he left the PA on!

Why does it matter who the CD is?? ...............

We've had a few that we didn't click with. Basically their personality just grated on our nerves. Worst was on Princess (IIRC Billy London) who signed off with 'be the ladies and gentleman I know you are', in a British accent.

For us the CD is The Voice of the Ship. If there's an issue there will be updates from both the Captain and CD. Want a CD who's cool under fire. Jen Baxter grated on our nerves but proved herself on the Triumph disaster (videos on YouTube).

Calvyn's muster didn't instill any trust in us. In fact, I was a bit leery to continue on the cruise. Thankfully we lived to tell about it.